My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Slow and Steady at the Pond

Now.. this bird has REAL PATIENCE!  I couldn't stand as still as this bird if I tried~  Or even if someone said they'd pay me!  I swear, he's like a statue!

 

Above was about half way across the pond.. below is right out front of my door...

*pssst... don't blink you'll miss the fish~*

8 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Wild America right out your back door. You have been getting some amazing shots, Pat!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Oh my gosh! From drug deals and gun fire to ducks and cranes! WATER VIEW too! You MUST be in Heaven!!! Glad to hear you got there safely ... and things are working out.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

I love your pictures! And your new view. And the absence of the gang is a good thing. I'm sorry you will miss your nice earthwormy dirt, though. Congratulations on completing your move and settling in with your books and bookworms. Keep posting photos! :-)

1:32 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

A crane? Never seen one in real life. Stunning, Pat.

5:56 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: getting close to the end of "different birds".. one or two more posts and they are the same birds I see coming and going.. but better than a sharp stick in the eye!

Hi Melli: yeah worlds apart huh?.. some things change, and others don't.. i loved the pics you did with the doll and mushroom lol.

thanks Darla: not a whole lot more different birds on a regular basis... probably a new one "now and then"..

hey Cath: not sure if this is a type of crane or an egret. I think cranes are bigger yet..but this still could be a type of one. I've never "bird watched" before..but these are kinda hard to miss ya know? lol

6:50 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Fabulous, gorgeous pictures, Pat! Oh, I couldn't anywhere this close to the heron on our dock last month. Lucky you! Are you liking Florida any more yet?

11:19 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

susan: I wasn't very close, in fact I was inside my apt. ! I have a good zoom on my camera!

6:12 AM  
Blogger Gavin said...

The Ibis photos are wonderful. I'm so glad you made you move safely and are settling in.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home