My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Uncle Remus Stories


Uncle Remus Stories adaptations by Joel Chandler Harris

Hardcover: 92 pages
Publisher: Simon and Schuster (1946)
ASIN: B001GT9NUM
Package Dimensions: 12.9 x 10.2 x 0.6 inches











Amazon...

About This Book: Disney has released a number of Uncle Remus books over the years, but this 1947 Giant Golden Book is the grandaddy of them all. Large format, 92 pp. Released without dustjacket. With lively art credited to Disney animators Bill Justice and Al Dempster. Marion Palmer is credited with "retold by." Illustrations throughout, about half in color.

Interestingly, Walt Disney's introduction makes no apology for Song of the South. He explains that the book contains tales which the studio adapted but which didn't make the final cut of the screenplay. It also discusses how Disney has adapted the dialect of Harris' stories for younger readers and (very briefly) situates the tales historically.

Well I  had to finally reread something I hadn't read since Grammar School !   It does take you back to times when we had no cares or worries, even though things were all that easy either.

As a child I absolutely loved Uncle Remus.  I wished I had and Uncle that wanted to be around kids and read tell stories !   Uncle Remus is "dated" but my memories  sure didn't include how things were as I got older.  Uncle Remus was safe.  He was kind.  And he made me happy.  That was all I cared about...  It could be said today, if one chose to.

I was thrilled quite a few years ago to meet "the voice" of Brer Bear, Nick Stewart.  Upon searching his photo in google I realized I knew his face from old black and white movies! 

 I guess one could say "he was a Bear of an Actor"! heh.

 

Thank you Mr. Stewart for your acting abilities and for making children happy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Oh wow, Pat, I used to adore the Brer Rabbit stories. Read the book I had over and over till I knew it by heart. Wonderful memories so thanks for reminding me.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home