My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Fright Night

What movies scared you as a kid?

When I was very young, the scarey movies were almost always Frankenstein, Dracula, The Mummy and Wolf Man movies. (you can toss in the original King Kong ..heh)

Boris Karloff was the "king" of horror, be it Frankenstein (1931) or other scarey characters like The Mummy or Dr. Scarabus in The Raven (1963) He always managed to have me hugging a pillow with my eyes half hidden behind it!

Bela Lugosi as Dracula.. what can I say? If anyone was born to play a blood sucking vampire named Dracula it was Lugosi! If you have never seen him in the part, it's a MUST. Just looking at his eyes will give you the heebie-jeebies!

Lon Chaney Jr. played Larry Talbot, he was the Wolf Man (1941). Later as I grew older (and liked him in the part of the Wolf Man more then ever) Mr Chaney was one of the few to branch out from horror movies and make it as a "regular" in westerns.


Way back when I was young, we didn't need the color tv to see the blood, or the special effects that movies have today. All we needed was a convincing actor and our own imagination! (I guess my imagination worked well, because these actors scared the heck outta me!!)


Caution! Monster Crossing

4 Comments:

Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

Couldn't agree with you more that today's "horror" movies, which are mostly awful have put gore way above the nearly dead art of actual horror

9:18 AM  
Blogger Carly said...

Hi :)

You have touched on one of my favorite subjects, Halloween. :) I loved the Deborah Kerr movie, "The Innocents." Truly gave me a case of the wiggins. LOL. I also loved almost every film by Alfred Hitchcock. :) Can't beat the "Abbott & Costello meet the..." movies for a chill and a giggle. Fun entry!

6:56 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I'd have to say these three pretty well scared the hell out of me, too! These were wonderful films with great actors...!

4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any movies that had a bunch of people staying in a haunted house/hotel/whatever overnight to see what would happen (who would be alive the next day).

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home