My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, June 04, 2007

It's a Female Thing

It's rainy and miserable here in New Jersey today. It began yesterday and will continue through the day. I don't mind it until (or if) it goes on for days at a time. But it does make staying awake harder. I wonder why that is? On rainy days I feel like I never truly wake up. Sheesh.

It is a good day for reading. I've gotten a little of that in already. Unfortunately that just makes me more tired! Ya know.. old age pretty much sucks... and don't let anyone tell you any different!

With luck your mind stays pretty much "normal" (whatever that means) but the body begins to fade away. (gross understatement lol)

When I was young, rain would mean running out and getting soaked and jumping in puddles...

When I hit my teens it meant running in between the raindrops so my "hairdo" wouldn't get wet...

When you get old, you can no longer run between the raindrops... nor can you jump in puddles.... it just becomes a dreary day, sigh.

I went for a Mammogram last week. Something we old woman are supposed to do each year... so I do it. It's not the most fun one could have, but it's for a good reason. Actually, it does hurt... and most woman complain about it... with good reason! But since I've gotten "older", I find it rather amusing.

I'm betting the lady that does the Mammogram never realized what good physical condition they had to be in to do such a job. I mean really!

They get the "gadget" ready and the first thing they have to do is do a squat to reach the boob to place it on the machine!!

How many times a day can someone do squats?! And they don't do this once but twice for each patient!!

I bet they have really strong legs!... and I bet they never realized that strong legs were a requirement for doing Mammograms!

.. ahhh the foolish young! Never thinking ahead, never realizing that it's the "older generation" getting most of the Mammograms!.. and ya know what?... Even with all that work... I bet they never realize that one day it will be another young doctor doing the same thing to them!

Sometimes, Mammograms make me smile... heh.




... 'till next time....

8 Comments:

Blogger chrisa511 said...

Haha, you give me the best laughs sometimes Deslily! I say you go out there and jump in the damn puddles!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

I've squatted for boobs. Wait...nevermind.

10:03 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Indeed...The Mammograms are a true trial...But as yuou said, something we all have to do...!
Have you ever seen that "Instructions In Preperation For A Mammogram" It is pretty hilarious...including slaming your boob with the cold refridgerator door, among other things...If memory serves, you also lay down on the garage floor and have someone run the right front tire over yoyr breast....!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

What a hoot!!! I swear if it weren't for gravity and making the boobies hang so low that the booby techies wouldn't have to drop and squat to pick 'em up for us and put 'em on the cold steel table....well, the gravity would keep the techies DOWN on the floor and they would stay there....perhaps look up to us for a change, now that we're old! rofl

9:48 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

i'm very uncomfortable with you discussing your boobs in front of strangers.

did you see Stewart's comment? See what i'm saying?

I gotta go ;)

10:39 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: glad I could make you chuckle lol

Stewart: you're a dirty old man Stwart! (thank gawd, for dirty old men! hahaha)

Naomi: that books sounds like it would be a Joan Rivers thing lol.. ever hear Joan's take on going for an internal exam? Absolutely hysterical!

howdy Hootin'Anni!..the only reason they can get back up is because they are young!...dang it all! lol

Kiyotoe: better take some photo's of the Counselor while the boobs are where they belong!..no female is exempt!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever wonder why they don't have you lie on your tummy and drop your breast into a hole in the table to get a better view...just wondering.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I love the rain...it never makes me feel miserable and never complain about it. Rain started here last night and it rained throughout the day and it's still falling. It is so badly needed in all areas of south-east Queensland, which are in the grip of the worst drought on record. I never need much urging to shut the madding crowd and the world out...rainy days and nights, I need no urging at all! ;)

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home