My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Fish 'n' Chips

Ok.. so.. I'll make this the last post about my family and Florida.

As you will see below we spent my last full day there in Miami at the Seaquarium!

We saw two Dolphin shows.... (I am actually being nice here and only showing the best of the best photo's I took ! lol)

(Brent and George watching the Dolphins)

A photo from "underneath" the large tanks...

There was a Seal show that was really cute, but I opted to watch it instead of trying to get photos...

But not so at the Whale show!

This is the first time I've seen any whale!

His trainer had good balance! There were lots of "ok who wants to get wet" belly flops for the first several rows to get soaked!

We saw some real sharks... but this is the only one we let Brent get close to!

Oh.. and besides meeting a shark, Brent got to get the autograph of Ron Williams, who's a Line backer for the Miami Dolphins. (gee, imagine that.. a Miami Dolphin at a Dolphin show..heh)

After all was said and done we went to dinner at a place that resembled a rain forest. Fake animals moved.. there were thunder noises and rain in certain areas and huge salt water tanks all over! And during my stay I had TWO margarita's!! Two! That's usually my ANNUAL limit! lol

Back home Kat pampered Crystal.. like she needed it, heh.

...and before I left for the airport the "kids" posed for a few pics...

And the last photo!... an odd picture huh? This is Brents Skate. He speed skates, as do Kat and George, but that's not why I am showing you this skate. See that shiny "plate" holding the wheels?.. well my son designed it and made it at a machine shop. He has the design trademarked and is working diligently to make contacts for selling his skate plate.

So, I wanted to show you his talent.

So.. that's about it.. I could put up many more pictures, but I think this is enough for this little journal!

I am slowly getting caught up on journal comments and back to doing some editing.. but I'm still a wee bit not totally caught up.. but soon! Honest!

Now, If I can only catch up on my reading! I still have about 100 pages to finish in one book before I can begin Harry Potter! This is only frustrating because I met a woman a the airport reading it... when I talked to her I found out she just finished the book... for the SECOND TIME! hello? sheesh.. and I haven't even started it yet!

9 Comments:

Blogger chrisa511 said...

You'll breeze through Harry when you get to it. It's one of those "can't put it down" books! Great pics once again. I have a new love for dolphins after getting to swim with them in Mexico. They're so loveable and friendly.

Two margaritas! That would get ME tipsy! Was the restaurant Rainforest Cafe? I've always wanted to go there but haven't been yet. My sister goes whenever she goes to Florida. Sounds like a cool place.

That skate creation is pretty cool! I hope everything works out for him!

1:55 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: yeah looking forward to Harry!!.. I had 2 margarita's but not at the same time! Two different meals out LOL.. I couldn't drink 2 in a row without passing out LOL..
Yeah, we are hoping he can get some big contracts for the skate plates!!

2:02 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

It sure looks like you had a grand time, Pat...I love seeing all these pictures of your family, including and that dear Grandson...! Great Great pictures of the Seaquarium...Beautiful Whales...And I love that picture of underneath the sea...!

3:35 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Naomi! Needless to say they also used the music from the Little Mermaid cartoon! Which I love! I still can't believe I had to be 63 before I saw a whale or dolphin for "real"..sheesh.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Well now I AM amazed! I thought for SURE you would have devoured Potter with the rest of the muggles the very DAY it came out! I can't believe you haven't STARTED it yet!

The Seaquarium looks like it was a TON of fun! I took my kids to "swim" with the sea lions when we were in Sea World, Texas a couple of summers ago - THAT was an awesome experience! Got some really cute pics too! And we had dinner with Shamu - the killer whale! That was cool too!

We have a Rainforrest Cafe in Virginia -- I took Krysti there for her 13th birthday I think... that was a blast! And we got her the Volcano cake -- comes with a sparkler on top, spewing lava! LOL!

Sounds like your entire Florida vacation was just GRAND! And I'm sure it ended MUCH too quickly... I bet Brent was really sorry to see you go! (I'm sure the folks were too - but I mean him especially!)

5:39 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I love margaritas! Yum! I love fish 'n chips, too...battered fish! Yum! Now, I'm not only thirsty, but hungry, too! ;)

9:59 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

The pictures are great, Pat. I love the ones of the dolphins and I can't even imagine standing on the nose of a killer whale like that!

The skate looks cool, which is about all I can say since I don't skate.

Thanks for sharing.

cjh

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos. I am glad I got to see them - puts you in better context. :)

11:36 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Melli: yeah it was fun..but hot! hot! hot!

Lee: me too! love batter fried Grouper the best!

cj: thanks.. yeah being in a small pool with a whale sounds daunting!!

Jeff: you're the second person to mention 'seeing my photo".. I have a whole bunch of them on my sidebar! All me! "faces of life"

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home