My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hot, Hot, Hot! (no, not the song)

It's Hot in New Jersey! Hot Hot Hot! (love the song..not thrilled with feeling this hot though) Is it just me or do you too get tired of the news constantly reminding you just how hot it is? Do they really think we can't figure it out by ourself? I've come to the conclusion that the news ALWAYS overdoes everything. "repeat-repeat-repeat-repeat"...and in the same one hour news!
At the moment we are having a "mini heat wave"..it can't be mini enough for me! I am neither a lover of it being tooooo Hot or tooooo Cold. And if you can't figure that out, it means I'd rather it be Spring or Fall then Summer or Winter!
I think that, ideally, we all need to be rich and have a summer and winter home! That way we can be content with the weather most of the time! Maybe we can all get together and buy a small hotel, that way we all have a private place to live and no one can kick us out!... *yeahrightsure*.. ah well.. nice thought don'tcha think?
Ah well.. I hope it's nice where you are. Not too hot.. not to rainy... just right!

Because I am nearly done with the book I am reading, I thought I'd just bring you up to dat with the books I've read so far this year:


Have you read anything good lately?
...'till next time...

5 Comments:

Blogger chrisa511 said...

Gee, you'd think you like fantasy books or something! ;)

5:52 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

We hit 110 last week *gasp* but fortunately it has cooled down to the 90's. (cooled down, hahahahaha)

I picked up "The Traveler" by John Twelve Hawks this week and I like it quite a bit. It's more of an urban fantasy but without the vampires and werewolves that are so common anymore. I like that it's different.

6:27 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

chris: ya think?!

SQT: wow you beat NJ in temps! I love that they give our temp..then tell you what it feels like due to humidity..in that case..we are even with you!

Sometimes "different" is just what we need, but don't even know it. As I look back I know that's what made me like the Thomas Covenant books.. they were different. (that and he did build some memorable characters)

6:38 PM  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Ya know, I love to read too! As I've posted in your comments. But, you definitely read more! These days, I seem to fall asleep reading a book...all because of my new heart medications I'm sure.

I just started re-reading ROOTS by Alex Haley...still as good as it was 30 years ago.

7:40 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Anni.. I still remember the mini series on tv of Roots..that was one of the best series ever!

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home