My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, June 29, 2007

Tiny Story

Carl, over at Stainless Steel Droppings, was running a Challenge.. his challenge was to write a Tiny Story. Simple enough huh?.. heh.. wrong!

This Tiny Story had to be exactly 100 words. (not easy)

This Tiny Story could NOT use the same word twice! (This includes words such as "a", "as", "the") .. it turned down right HARD!

Well, I tried to write a Tiny Story. My first attempt, (which I gave him for his Challenge) took me 3 days to be able to say what I wanted AND not use the same word twice! It's harder then you think! Try it sometime! Just for fun.. or aggravation lol

Anyway.. After finding success once, I gave it a second try. This time I managed to do it in ONE DAY! Whoa....

I thought I'd share the second attempt with anyone that cares to read it... then think about it, and try one of your own. Challenge yourself. Just to see if you can do it!

Triumphant

Abbercorn paced, while mulling over yet another impossible situation. Walking thusly, his boots made the, well worn, wooden floor creek and groan with age.
“ Growing old,” he muttered, “was a time I didn’t have to rationalize everything, my justifications were always there”

Being elderly has taken its toll. Recollections fade; experiences hide, explaining decisions becomes tougher, although through longevity comes wisdom, confidence, good judgment…. or so it’s said.

An overstuffed chair beckoned. Reclining, senior moments inadvertently tiptoe around; they become more frequent but still a compromise found….. for now.
Grinning full of self-assurance, another hurtle completed.

Answers found; gratitude abounds.

Now it's your turn! If you do one, post it and leave a link here so I (and others) can read it!!


...'till next time....

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

That's GREAT!! Uh, no. Don't think I will posting one any time soon!! But I loved yours!

4:38 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Great job! Abbercorn's a cool dude ;) I've only done one of these and it's the one I turned in for the contest. Boy was it rough! I think I was dripping in sweat by the time I finished it, lol. It was fun though. I enjoy a good challenge.

6:00 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

stephanie.. awww you should try to write one!!

Chris: it was rough! drove me nuts trying to rewrite and not use certain words!!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

I have seen you comment on Sir Charles's blog many times. However, I have not had the pleasure until now to read yours. Very enjoyable. :o) I am very glad I decided to branch out.

12:07 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ugh! I have NO talent for this! You, on the other hand, are WONDERFUL! I have another friend who does these each month.... and hers are always good too! You guys astound me!!!

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home