My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The 4 th of July

First off, let me wish everyone a very Happy 4th of July!!! I hope y'all are barbecuing and having a grand old time celebrating Independence Day! Here in NJ we are quite probably going to have thunderstorms when the fireworks should be happening. (bummer for those who go) It's been cloudy all day here and continually looking as if the prediction for the storms will be an accurate one.
I hope where you are it's different, and you get to have all the get together's and fun and fireworks that you are accustomed to!
Now on to some book stuff...

Book News:

Stephen R Donaldson's upcoming book of Fatal Revenant has his cover art! Some time ago I read that the cover art would be done by Palencar, but now I can't find out if this is done by him or not.
And at his web site you can even read Chapter One!

Hardcover: 640 pages
Publisher: Putnam Adult (October 9, 2007)
ISBN-10: 0399154469

*********************
James A Owen of Here There be Dragons fame... at his web site, if you check out the sidebar: under "connections", and click "James a. Owen's sketchbook & journal" You can keep up with his happenings and with the art work that will appear in his next book, The Search for The Red Dragon! (due out Jan. 1, 2008)
Mr. Owen's cover art is... of course.. his own!

Hardcover: 384 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Children's Publishing (January 1, 2008)
ISBN-10: 1416948503
*********************
In other book news I was saddened to read that Ink Death by Cornelia Funke is showing a "pre-order" date (for audio only so far) of NEXT SEPTEMBER! ARrrrGggggHhhhh!!!!!! That news is just depressing!
*******************
Leven Thumps and The Eyes of the Want by: Obert Skye, (book 3 -no cover art shown yet) is showing a release date of September 27, 2007. At least that's not too far away.
*********************
Dragon Harper by Anne McCaffrey is due out Dec. 26, 2007. (gee, can't even get it for Christmas!)
********************
Thank goodness that Harry Potter and Dragons of Highlord Skies comes out THIS month!!!

...have I mentioned that waiting is not my best virtue?....

9 Comments:

Blogger Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

It must be hard to write the ending of a series. I remember the last Hercule Poroit story, to be published after the death of Christie. A book like the last Thomas Covenant book is a statement about the mortality of the author. Strange. Sad. Beautiful.

12:30 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I've been wanting to read the Thomas Covenant books. One of my favorite series is Orson Scott Card's Alvin Maker series and on the cover of every book it says "The most important work of American fantasy since Stephen Donaldson's original Thomas Covenant trilogy." So yeah, I've gotta read that! Definitely looks like Palencar's work!

1:20 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

stewart: yeah it is.. I never thought he'd go back to this series.. but I'm sure glad he did.. even though I have to let it go as an ending AGAIN!

Chris: well don't rush off and order the new book! You have 7 books to read to get to that one!

Lord Foul's Bane
The Illearth War
The Power that Preserves

The Woundedland
The One Tree
White Gold Wielder

The Ruin of the Earth

There are many who didn't like his series, so I don't know what to tell you. Except that if you read them you will never find a MORE RELUCTANT HERO ..ever!

1:26 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Ok, so Lord Foul's Bane starts the original trilogy?

I'll check it out and see if I like it! Just what I need...another series!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Happy Independence Day, one day removed!

Yes, that is indeed Palencar. You can always tell Palencar by his trees...they are uniquely his own.

I had no idea Owen did the cover art for his own books. That is great.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

I hope you enjoyed your Independence Day celebrations, Deslily and managed to see some fireworks. :)

9:54 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thank you for the Happy 4th, my dear...

The STOVE IS small....I have no idea how or where it was used...And I knew that Dinsing was German....abd most likely it is the Manufacturer....And, I still love that little stove as much as I did the day I found it!

5:47 PM  
Blogger darkorpheus said...

I have to make a confession: I tried to read the first Thomas Covenant book a long time ago, but I stopped. There was this rape scene (by the "hero" of the book!) that I couldn't get past. I never progressed any further.

Friends keep telling me how great it was - but I just couldn't get past how unlikeable the character was.

And am I the only one that thinks the character on the cover of Fatal Revenant looks a little like Saruman aka Christopher Lee?

10:21 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hey dark:.. nope he's not a very likable character .. i think in the beginning one reads to see if he gets his "due".. He's got to be the most reluctant "hero" that I've ever read. But along with his trials and tribulations (which are many) the land and other characters Donaldson came up with are truly worth the read...and somewhere along the adventure..you begin to feel for Covenant..believe it or not!
That being said, you aren't the first I've heard of that couldn't get into the series.. it is different, and i think that's what attracted me to it.. it wasn't the "same ol' same ol'"

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home