My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Nice Thing About Being Senile is That You Can Hide Your Own Easter Eggs

When I was young, I hated admitting when I forgot things...

Now I'm old, ... and forgetting things goes along with the territory!

Now I'm old.. ...it's a damn good excuse!

Now I'm old, so I blame everything on Old Age!... it's the one blessing you get when you get old. (Trust me when I tell you that it's the ONLY blessing about getting old!)

So here I am old.

And I'm admitting my memory sucks!

You have heard me say before how much I adore Roy Dotrice, (just the other day !) and each time I've said how I adore him, I also said how much I loved him in the television show Beauty and the Beast, as "Father"...

(below is Roy Dotrice as Father)

And Ron Perlman, now known as Hellboy, was in 1987, known as Vincent (the Beast).

Now, remember this much... NINETEEN EIGHTY SEVEN. That's 21 years ago!

I'm shaking my head because it seems impossible to me that it was that long ago. Also, know that Beauty and the Beast never went into reruns. (a fact that no one is able to find out why it didn't/ hasn't and would still love it to happen because it was such a great show).

Excuse number one: So it has been 21 years since I've watched Beauty and the Beast.

Excuse number two: When it wason I had but one interest, Roy Dotrice.

Excuse number three: I'm old and My memory sucks.

So last weekend when I was talking to Armin Shimerman (Quark) and looking at his photo's and such I read a sign he had on his table mentioning the shows he had been in.. one of them was Beauty and the Beast.

(This is where I ask how many others besides myself has been known to not just step in doo doo but roll in it too!)

I actually asked him how many shows he did... hello?

Like almost all of them! Hello again?!

Oh did I mention he played Pascal, one of the regulars on the show??

Heh, well maybe that's because my memory sucks! (and in all defense I really haven't seen a Beauty and the Beast in 21 yrs.. oh, and one more excuse... Quark looks nothing like Pascal so I never made the connection! heh)

So after all that, the reason I am even writing this post is because Armin was such a sweetie that when I asked him if he could mail a photo to me of him as Pascal.. he said, "no problem". (it arrived Friday)

Now is when you ask if I will ever forget him as Pascal again!.. the answer would be NO.. and all the Beauty and the Beast dvds are now on my wish list at Amazon!

So there you have it..... and as you might have guessed... I am blaming it all on OLD AGE! And I'm not really tooooo embarrassed.. after all, your turn will come!


It is not my fantansy, it is my alternate reality.

4 Comments:

Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

Can I blame it on old age at 40? I probably wouldn't get very far, huh? I wish I could retain every detail of everything I've learned, but I figure, as long as I remember the important lessons, my kid's names, and how to feed myself, I'm ahead of the game...lol Everything else is just an extra bonus :D

8:55 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Animewookie: nope not at 40... at 40 I claimed the illness CRS (Can't Remember Shit!) LOL

11:25 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

comment taken from my identical blog in wordpress...

AT44

This is a wonderful photograph of Pascal and one I’ve never seen before!

I haven’t seen the first Hellboy but I’m looking forward to the second to see Roy Dotrice. Back in the original run days of B&tB I sent him a little note of appreciation and he actually wrote back. Unheard of! And such a gentleman.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Kim L said...

I have a very hard time remembering things. I don't have age as an excuse, so I blame it on genetics. My coping mechanism is lists. I have to keep one handy at all times, because if I think of something I need to do, I must write it down immediately or it might be lost forever.

Oh and by the way, I tagged you for my new meme.

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home