My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, September 29, 2008

This 'n' That

As I write this it's Sunday...

On Sunday I almost always watch TCM channel on tv at least part of the day. This morning when I turned it on I was totally surprised to see that the movie playing was Rebecca!

What are the chances of that happening? I mean, I just finished the book less than a week ago and here it is on television! This was the old black and white version directed by Alfred Hitchcock.

So fresh in my mind from the book I watched carefully, waiting to see what little things had to be dropped out of the movie to keep it short. I notice very small things deleted for the sake of "time".. but more than that I found myself smiling at how much it did stay with the book.

After that I couldn't help but remember and be amazed once again at how Hitchcock played with shadows and creepy music for the scenes being played. Wonderful, wonderful! And then of course there was Dame Judith Anderson (quite young) being so sinister and evil as Danver's the maid.

Who would have ever thought that Judith Anderson would go from (1940) evil and sinister...

To (1984) T'Lar in Star Trek saving Spock's Katra!

.... you came a long way baby!

Oh, well... I never expected to be talking about Rebecca again, at least not this soon!.. must be fate.

I little item I've wanted to mention and for whatever reasons (mostly brain farts I'm sure) I've neglected ...

A while ago Becky was nice enough to leave a link.. here... where anyone who like the old tv series of Beauty and the Beast can see some of the entire episodes. Thank you Becky!!

We've had 3 days of rain and I'm more than ready for the spout to be shut off! But our Fall has arrived. The temps dropped down into the 70 and even 60's at times and the leaves have the beginnings of changing color.

October is in a few days.. that means Chiller Theater Show will be back the weekend before Halloween. If my brothers health holds up I will take a break and go to it.

Besides my artist buddies of Roger Kastel and Ken Kelly there are a few folks who's autograph I really REALLY want. I don't know if I can afford them all because I don't know what they will charge but here's who I want:

First and foremost.. if I can only get ONE.. it would be: yep, Richard Dreyfuss!! Ask me how much I love Close Encounters... ask me how much I love Mr Holland's Opus... ask me how much I love Jaws... then ask me if I love Richard Dreyfuss!.. duh!

Second up, if I can afford two autographs is: Lou Gossett Jr.! If you haven't seen the movie Enemy Mine... well you haven't seen a great movie. The only bad part is you won't recognize Lou Gossett.. but he did a magnificent acting job just the same!

Third choice for an autograph would be: Sean Astin's mother lol.. Patty Duke ! I am hoping she will have a photo from The Miracle Worker!


Fourth up is: Burt Reynolds. I can't tell you how many times I saw Smokey and the Bandit!! I won't lie here though.. I was in love with Jerry Reed! lol.. but Burt has given me many smiles (though Deliverance wasn't one of them) and I'd love his signature in my collection.

And lastly (though there are more I would want these are the top five and will be happy with any of these...


Fifth: Linda Hamilton. It's true I loved her in Terminator, but she will always be "Beauty" of Beauty and the Beast to me!

Guess that catches me up with all the news going on.... I hope ya'll had a great weekend... and a fantastic week ahead.


9 Comments:

Blogger Ana S. said...

Oooh, I really have to watch the movie again too! I need to see if I can borrow it from my parents, they have a reasonable collection of Hitchcock DVDs. How cool that you happened to catch it so soon after finishing the book!

12:34 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

nymeth: I couldn't believe it when I saw it was on! I felt like I reread the book already! lol

1:46 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Rebecca is one of my favorite movies! You're right about the use of shadows and creepy music! The old black and white movies (when left alone) are amazing. The weather here has been beautiful but I think it's come to an end and fall is around the corner...

Hopefully things will continue to improve for your brother and you!

cjh

5:32 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Amazing coincidence that that exact movie was being shown just after you finished the book. But life is full of weird happenings like that I find. Also strange is that Judith Anderson ended up in Star Trek! It's a small universe...

6:00 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I really have to see Rebecca! I still can't believe I haven't seen it. I hope you get to go to the autograph show. It sounds like a really good one! You certainly deserve a day out right now mingling with celebrities!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

What a perfectly fun coincidence! That is great!

I hope you get to go to the event, you certainly have earned something fun like that.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Kim L said...

You've been awarded!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I love it when things like this happen. I don't know it just seems so cool, like when I was a kid I would be reading or watching something and realize we had just learned about it in school or something.

The weather is really cooling down here too. Chiller Theater sounds cool! I would want Burt Reynolds autograph but not for the reason most would. My favorite roles of his are two of his lesser known ones. Have fun!

You know I've never seen the Beauty and the Beast show lol. I might just have to watch that (you can find plenty of old and new shows on SurftheChannel.com

8:12 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi CJ and thank you, I hope so too lol..I want to see the newer version that Carl told me about too.. I generally don't like remakes but there have been a few I really did like.

Cath: yeah, I really couldn't believe it happened to come on like that ! totally enjoyed it too!

hi Carl: yep, I hope I can go to the show too!! It will be a last minute choice to go or not. if he's been doing ok and doing good the night before I will go.

Danke Kim !! super commentator eh?! hehe..does that mean i talk too much? hehe

hey Tink: Well if i learned about something at school the movie would be about ancient history! LOL
Burt made quite a few good movies! I liked Smokey and the Bandit because I loved Jerry Reed but liked many of his movies like the Longest Yard .
Use the link Becky sent me and you can watch a few episodes of B&B!

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home