My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, March 09, 2009

Carolyn Dowling and Kitty Foyle

The movie, "Kitty Foyle" played on TCM this past weekend.

This movie stars Ginger Rogers and a very handsome Dennis Morgan...

I cannot see a movie with Dennis Morgan in it without thinking of Carolyn Dowling....

You have to admit... she's a beauty isn't she?!

Carolyn Dowling had a "movie star crush" on Dennis Morgan

(very handsome indeed!)

But...

Carolyn Dowling had one other crush.. and him, she married.

..yes, she married the very handsome, DeForest Kelley. But she maintained her crush on Dennis Morgan, and De knew it and liked to tease her about it.

I don't know about you but... there are strong similarities in the two men.. proving that Carolyn had mahhhhhvelous taste in men!

I've told this story before but considering my mind does very little when it comes to focusing, retold stories may be all I have at the moment..

Fact: Carolyn had a crush on Dennis

Fact: Carolyn married DeForest

Fact: Carolyn STILL had a crush on Dennis

Fact: At one point in time Dennis had a television show, and DeForest was to be his guest on the show....

(enter dramatic music...)

Fact: DeForest talked to Dennis and told him of his wife's crush on him and asked if he could bring her to the set.

Fact: Dennis was more than happy to say yes.

DeForest brought Carolyn to the set and called Dennis over to introduce him to her. Dennis smiled broadly and welcomed Carolyn to the set..

Fact: Carolyn was so star-struck she couldn't say a word!

Fast forward a few years... DeForest was somewhere and Dennis walked in, they began to talk and Dennis remembered that Carolyn never said a word to him. DeForest called home and told Carolyn that Dennis was next to him and was putting him on the phone to say hello...

Dennis took the phone and said hello.

Carolyn was once again wordless.

Dennis laughed and gave the phone back to De. She never did say a single word to the man she admired for so many years. But she did marry the one she liked best of all.

True story !... I promise it is.

11 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

That story sounds very much like something I'd do!

And why is it that the movie stars from back then were so glamorous and gorgeous? I'd take almost any of them over the ones these days!

cjh

7:15 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Fabulous story, Pat, just the sort of thing that would happen to me. Wasn't she a beauty though? De Forest was the lucky it one it seems to me.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Very cute story indeed. She was a beauty. Helen

8:53 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

made me laugh... kind of absurd in a sweet way. Proves they are just people, too.

3:03 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cj: yes indeed.. they were far more glamorous!

Cath: yes she was. They were in love to the end...one of those fairytales...

Hi Helen: funny to think someone married to an actor could be starstruck ! De loved to tell the story of how she couldn't talk to Dennis.

Pam: for sure. there's always someone to admire if you look for them.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

That is just one sweet story...definitely left me with a smile!

7:45 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

debi: it always made me smile because the very first time I met DeForest I couldn't look at him! But I got over it! lol

4:59 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I've heard of this movie but I haven't seen it before... ooh! My library has a copy of the DVD. Aw, great story :)

8:51 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Ha,ha! What a wonderful story. Put a huge smile on my face.

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen images of DeForest Kelly before.

4:36 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Tink : oh, so I gave you yet another movie eh? lol

Carl: never saw a young DeForest?? He was quite the handsome fellow!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I know all about that being wordless. You know that1 If I had met Deforest I would have been! I love this post. Thank you so much, Pat :-D

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home