My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Face Only a Mother Could Love

 

Ok, I really thought I had only one more pond photo...

......and then I looked outside.

Right in front of my door by the pond stood this fellow...

Come on...

You have to admit it.

This is NOT a pretty bird!

Ok.. the bird is pretty... but the face..????

This is a face only a mother could love!! 

(damn! I know the feeling well!)

And no, once again, I don't know what the name of this bird is...


Addendum:  My sister-in-law wrote me that this is a Woodstork! (yep, he looks "woody" alright!)

13 Comments:

Blogger Ana S. said...

lol! The title of this post cracked me up. Poor bird :P

What can I say, though...you're right :P

5:03 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Nymeth: it sure is.. ummm..not pretty lol

9:17 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

A 'woodstork', huh? Did you make that up? ;-)))))))))))))) *snort*

9:26 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hey Cath:.. in this case the "shoe sorta fits" don'tcha think? lol

9:29 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

That's quite the collection of waterfowl you got 'round the joint! Thanks for sharing - your photos are amazing.

cjh

10:55 AM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

Looks like a vulture married a stork, and this is the baby they had together.

2:33 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi CJ: glad you enjoy the pictures!

Hi Donna: exactly! lol (pretty sad huh? hahaha)

2:38 PM  
Blogger Gavin said...

I am envious! What a great spot to watch water fowl!

7:59 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

gavin: ok then we can be envious of each other.. I stayed a bit at the foot of mt rainier..and I'd much rather be there in the woods!!!

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

I don't know, Pat... I think he looks kind of cute... Even with the face...

Ah, well, no accounting for taste, is there? ^-~

1:01 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I agree with you, ugly face and head but a beautiful body. Helen

6:21 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

indeed -- a wacky face. wacky.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Karmyn R said...

Wow - definitely only a mother could love that face (or a serious birder!)

I have to say - you have much better neighbors now - when they take flight it isn't from the police!

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home