My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Charmed, I'm Sure...

I won a book from Libra Touches and it came in the mail today!

Charmed Life by Diana Wynne Jones.  I've wanted to read this series..but.. but.. around here all I can find are used (that's ok) but only mass paperback which is too small for me.  I was a bit frightened when I won this book that it would be a mass paperback but it isn't!  It's larger and double spaced and I'll have no trouble reading it!

Thank you again for having the giveaway Shanra!

Paperback: 272 pages
Publisher: Collins (December 3, 2001)
ISBN-10: 0007124074

6 Comments:

Anonymous Shanra said...

It arrived! (And I get a shot of Boo in the process! I bet he figured out the main character in the book is called Cat!)

I'm so glad it arrived safely! (And you know I'd have sent you a new, non-MMP copy if it'd been such.) May you enjoy it as much and more than I did, love!

6:00 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

yep I got it Shanra!.. oh i love used books as long as they are in good condition! lol almost all the Mary Russell books i have are used and I won't get rid of them!
Thanks again!!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I haven't read it but that book is supposed to be very good. Enjoy. :-)

6:33 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: it looks good and i had wanted to read Pinhole egg by her until I found out it was part of a large series and only in mass paperback.. mainly thats whats kept me from trying her books.

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Most of her books are still out in trade paperback, no need to fear that. ^-^ It's just the American releases that like the mass market copies, I think.

As said (on my blog), though, the Chrestomanci series can be read in pretty much any order. Actually, all of her book series can. The Dalemark Quartet comes closest to something that 'must' be read in order and even there what connects the stories is an overlying story arc that's larger than the characters of any one book. (The last being the exception. Read the first three books in any order you want, but read the last book last. You'll get most out of it that way.) *ramble* Anyway, point is, if you find you like Charmed Life and want more of DWJ's work, don't let the series label be what stops you!

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Daniel said...

That cat model sure knows how to strike a pose !!! :-)

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home