My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Early Morn' Once More.

It's Always in the wee early morn'  before the fountain goes on that one can see the reflections in the pond so well...

..and even one of the water plants had given off a few flowers..

The pond has been so quiet (too quiet) that I even caught the Egret taking a morning bath!

"Big Foot" and his brother came by..

Not much longer will this family stay together..soon the parents will chase the babies to the other side of the pond.

And the turtle found his way to get some bread..

You can always tell how hungry he is by "if" he comes out of the water to get even more bread~!

Off in the distance my tri color Heron...

Yes another surprise... and still "across the pond" I saw turtles but didn't know one was the softshell turtle.. and one of the Moorhens was investigating..

note the flat soft shell and the very webbed feet.

10 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

This is one of my favorite sets of pond photos yet! Especially love the top three...they make such a lovely and varied collection. How do you get any reading done anyway?!! I think I would just be forever entranced with watching the world outside.

9:08 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: I have one planned with no animals.. just "the pond itself"..its very quiet around the pond lately seems like most of the "wildlife" up and went away!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Lovely reflection in that top shot. And that Egret is a beautiful bird. Another nice set of photos.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I love the pictures of the pond and all of the wonderful creatures that inhabit it. Thanks for sharing them with all of us!

2:04 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

LOL..the softshell turtle looks like he's screaming with his hands up in the air for the little moorhen to leave him alone :p I was actually awake this morning when you took these pics! I was up before the sun unfortunately because of work. But now I'm back to nights thank God. Great pics as always :)

7:56 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

These are great pictures! I really enjoy looking at them. Since most wildlife of this nature has started to go south for the winter I can only see them in your pictures!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Those are some creepy looking feet on that turtle lol. Love the bird pics though!

11:13 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Such BEAUTIFUL Pictures, Pat.....You say it is very quiet by the Pond, but it looks nice and active, to me. Now I see why the Egret looks so clean....She is busy bathing!!! I LOVE Reflections!

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely photos. My favorites were those of the egret. I live in the tropics so I don't see this kind of bird. I would love to see it in its own habitat.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

I can see why that moorhen was investigating that soft shell turtle. It probably wondered whay it was doing with duck feet LOL. Helen

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home