My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, November 02, 2009

Hello November

The past few days have shown the return of the Anhinga (seen below) Although this female is much smaller than the one that was around here when I first moved in, so maybe it's an offspring. 
 
This is typical of the Egret..but I thought there was enough shades of green to show the whole picture instead of just the Egret.

Another End of Day Shot...

Oct 30...
The large Heron shows up while it's still dark in the morning and leaves as the sun rises.. I managed (after a week of this) to get one shot of him before he left... It doesn't help that he's not real close to my apt either!

I went to feed some crows and the Ibis showed up... there was one of a different color among them!..  so I made sure he got some bread *grin

When the sun decided to set.. it looked as if the sky was on fire!

I have to say the clouds and the sunsets are really unusual around here..
what an array of colors!  looks like a whole sky turned into a rainbow.

...so that's it for now... another week gone by at the pond.

10 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

I swear it's like you live in your own little wonderland! Then again, I also think you have an amazing eye for seeing the beautiful and capturing it with your camera. :D

10:06 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hey Debi: well life is just a bowl of cherries here at the old farts village so I have to do something to stay sane!

10:11 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

BEAUTIFUL Pictures, my dear....As Always! I love all those birds and I just love how sharp all your pictures are! I cannot get over your MOON Pics, too! Everyone of these pictures is worthy of a Nature Magazine, Pat!

2:35 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Oh Pat, guess what? Today I saw an ibis in a tree and I thought of you right away, lol. I wish I would've had my camera because I wanted to send you a picture so bad. Sure enough, the little guy was just standing on the very top of a Cypress tree all by himself!! FUnniest thing! As always, I love your pics! And my headache is gone today :)

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back from the mountains and trying to catch up on some of the back log of posts. As usual some gorgeous pics. I am seriously going to use some to compose a painting. Love how you capture the sunsets. If I can get my pics downloaded, we did have some pretty days, I am going to have Momcat show me how to post them for others to enjoy. Finally had the color change that I hadn't really caught before. Of course it came after some rainy, very cold weather, but did make all the leaves go autumn colors. So did get a few snaps. Sent you an e-mail from the cabin but not sure if you received it. Vala3

4:53 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

All these are just georgous pictures Pat, from the moon to the birds to the sunsets. Thanks for sharing. Helen

6:17 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

The different coloured Ibis might be an immature normal one, but not sure. Great pics as always, Pat, I don't know how you can take shots of the moon like that.

6:19 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

naomi: want to be my publisher? lol lol

Chris: thats hysterical! 5 months with the Ibis all over like doodoo and never a one in a tree until now and you see them in a tree too!!

vala: emailed ya!

thanks Helen..always glad you enjoy them since you take such wonderful pics yourself!

Cath: I need to take time to look up the ibis in the bird book again lol..as for the moon.. ummm just use a zoon lens! it does fascinate me to take pics of the moon I can't even imagine how good you can see it thru a really good telescope!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I'm going to put You and Your Pond on my to do list. Maybe next winter.
do I need to bring a sleeping bag. bwaa ha ha ha.

11:29 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

pam I have a loveseat that pulls out to a twin bed!! How good am I huh?!! "come on down!" errr.. "over" heh

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home