My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, April 02, 2012

Where Do I Put All of My Books?

I had to laugh when dear Naomi asked me where I manage to keep all my tbr books plus the ones I keep in such a small apartment. (and it IS small !)  So here we go with pictures because seeing is believing!

This first photo is along side of my chair where I read and crochet and watch television. (these books are TBR) (click on pictures to enlarge)

bks1[1]

Next is looking from the same chair into my (so called) dining area. Note: two more shelves with TBR books! The small one to the left has 2 functions: holding books and hiding the garbage can!

bks99[1]

Big surprise huh? lol

bks2[1]

I made all of these closer photo’s because I know “readers” and we have to try and see all the titles!

bks3[1]

Ok, so.. leaving the dining area you enter my bedroom.. this is the first corner by my dresser.

 bks4[1]

These books are all TBR…

bks99990[1]

…and a few more on my dresser!

bks5[1]

And finally… the other side of the room which houses books I have already read but refuse to get rid of.  I have to thin these every few months to fit others..so they get donated to thrift stores.

bks999[1]

Closer view of the tall case. On the bottom shelf are large paperbacks and art books.

bks6[1]

More books I have read.  I made this so there would be a shelf across the top by the window so BooBoo could watch the lizards in the Palmetto trees.

bks7[1] 

..and lastly, the book shelf at the foot of my bed which also holds the television on top.

These are the books I’ve read more than once and  someone will have to pry them from my cold dead hands to get them from me. 

The top shelf houses the 6 Dragonlance books, and the Harry Potter books.   The middle shelf has The Inkheart Trilogy, The Bartimaeus Trilogy,  and David Eddings  Belgarath series.  The bottom shelf houses Anne McCaffrey’s “PERN” series! 

A wish I have is that before I die I own Dragonflight, Dragonquest, and The White Dragon as separate hardback books!  But the chances of that happening… well.. let’s just say don’t hold your breath!  The only chance I have of that happening is if the publishers decide since Anne has passed away to republish them in hardback…that would be glorious!!!!!

bks8[1]

And so… to conclude this “book tour” all I can say is: Boo and I have a chair to sit on and a bed to sleep in and the rest is space for books! lol… aren’t you glad you asked Naomi?? LOL…

7 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Well, I don't know about Naomi but I certainly enjoyed a good nose around all your lovely books. Your flat may not be huge but it's a reader's paradise, Pat. This made me LOL:

These are the books I’ve read more than once and someone will have to pry them from my cold dead hands to get them from me.

Wonderful!!! Great post.

9:52 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: well i sure didn't have to walk far to take all of the photo's lol lol...

12:19 PM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

You can find those books in hardback covers on half.com, but they cost almost $50 each. I have a few favorite books I keep because I love them, but these days my books are stored on my Nook where I don't have to worry about them getting dusty.

6:19 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Yes! I AM glad I asked, my dear Pat....This is FANTASTIC! You have managed to have what you love most at your fingertips---and it is all so very neat...!
WELL DONE, My Dear....!

4:12 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

This was great! You are indeed a true book lover, no one could deny it. I like watching those shows where they show how to maximize space in smaller houses/apartments. As time goes by I am going to need to use those techniques to house all my books!!! :)

And thanks for the bigger pictures, seeing titles is always a big part of the fun.

1:37 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thank you Naomi! lol I try to take care of my books!

Carl: one I haven't done because it would cost me is roll out drawers for under the bed.. it will store quite a few books!!! but then you don't get to see them :o(

4:12 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Gorgeous photos, Pat! I love seeing all your shelves and books. I really like your dragon collection, sitting in front of the dragon books! Very nicely done in your apartment, like Cath said, it's like a reader's paradise :-) truly!

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home