My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Books Read in June & More “New” Books

 

In June I read 6 books. The first two: The Talismans of Shannara and The Enchantress wrapped up Once Upon a Time.  The rest are not for any challenge, simply what I chose to read.

I have to say that I’ve enjoyed each and every book I read this month!  Sometimes I wonder what I did all the years that I barely read anything!

1. The Talismans of Shannara……Terry Brooks ( 453 pgs)

2. The Enchantress…………………..Michael Scott (513 pgs)

3. A Cottage by the Sea…………..Ciji Ware (532 pgs)

4. The Legacy…………………………….Katherine Webb (496 pgs)

5.  The Witch Hunt in Hollywood… MIchael Freedland  (278 pgs)

6.  The House at Tyneford………..Natasha Solomons (368 pgs)

(a total of: 2640 pages)

Below are “new books” to the apartment.. but each one is “used”. 

The first Eleanor Roosevelt book was at the used book store that I go to.  It had been there for 3 trips that I went and I picked it up each time, remarked to myself that it was in pristine condition for only 1.00 and finally decided to take it home, knowing I might not read it for a really long time.  Then I saw it was Vol 1. Geez! I can’t stand having only part of a series so I searched Amazon and found Vol 2 for dirt cheap plus no shipping since I made sure I spend enough money.

Because of my age, sometimes I look at all the books I have and laugh because I know when I die someone else has to pack them all up to get rid of them!

new-1[1]

New but “not new” are all of the five books!  I got Eleanor Roosevelt at the used book store for 1.00 (volume 1 and it’s huge!)  Then Vol. 2 of Eleanor Roosevelt is another used book from Amazon. I am not sure I will even ever get to them, but who knows, I might.   Nevermore and Out Stealing Horses are also used from Amazon, as is The House on the StrandSo… nothing new, and all cheap! (hooray!)

Have any new (old) books come into your home lately???

7 Comments:

Blogger chrisa511 said...

I got a "new" book in the mail today :D Thanks Mama!!! So excited about that one!!! You had another great month!! I can't wait to hear what you think of the house on the strand…I've been curious about that one for a long time. Love you!!!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Oh Pat, new books are always good, no matter how you find them! I'm glad you could find the second part to the Eleanor Roosevelt, so that you can read it - nothing like looking for part 2 of something, is there?

6 books is better than me! I had a dreadful month, though life changes are happening so I'm just taking it one day at a time. Enjoy your new books :-)

11:35 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

A good total for last month, Pat. And some good books among them.

I've read Out Stealing Horses. Unusual book, but worth reading. I absolutely loved House on the Strand when I read it several years ago. I think it made my top five that year. Enjoy your finds.

5:33 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: I know you don't need more books but hey it was going to be donated and you said you put it on your wish list... so I hope you enjoy it, but if you don't at least it didn't cost anything!

Susan: gosh knows if I ever get to read the Roosevelt books they are two huge books and unless I find her very interesting it's going to be hard. but I think she's someone I would like to know more about

cath: hi sis! yeah I want to read more du Maurier so thought I'd start there.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Pat, Frenchman's Creek is pretty good if you ever see it. It might be a trifle romantic for you, but the sense of Cornwall around the Helford river, hundreds of years ago is second to none.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Enjoy your new books Pat. I love finding books for as low of a price as I can. That way I can collect even more!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

Enjoy your new books!!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home