My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Daddy

donMcCormick2[1]

Every Father’s Day I think of you..

Of the Daddy, I never knew.

 

I never got to see you, or even hear your voice..

But of course,.. it wasn’t by my choice.

 

Through all these years I wondered.. just how it would be..

To be daddy’s little girl and have you bounce me on your knee.

 

Now I am old and you have passed on..

and all my hopes and dreams are gone.

 

For you see, I always wanted you to know me..

I wanted so much for it to be..

So I could say just one word… Daddy.

 

3 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Very touching Pat...!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

YOu look a little like him, especially in the eyes and the shape of the face, Pat!!

Very moving poem, too. thank you for sharing it.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

We had similar experiences growing up, no wonder we feel like sisters.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home