My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Once Upon a Time: Wrap Up

LittlePrince200[1]

Wow… who woulda thunk that 3 months could go by so fast?  It always seems that Once Upon a Time and RIP fly by! (I am very grateful that Carl does this every year and gives me something to look forward to!)

I surprised myself this year and did pretty good!  THIRTEEN books!

I was especially happy to finally have read the Stephen Lawhead trilogy that I’ve had here for longer than I care to remember! 

The same with the Margaret Weis Trilogy! AND the Terry Brooks series!!  Weis and Brooks I’ve read before but this was my first for Lawhead. I enjoyed them all.

Hood..........................Stephen R Lawhead
Scarlet.......................Stephen R Lawhead
Tuck..........................Stephen R Lawhead
The Snow Child................Eowyn Ivey
The Night Circus..............Erin Morganstern
Amber & Ashes.................Margaret Weis
Amber & Iron..................Margaret Weis
Amber & Blood.................Margaret Weis
The Scions of Shannara........Terry Brooks
The Druids of Shannara........Terry Brooks   
The Elf Queen of Shannara.....Terry Brooks     
The Talismans of Shannara.....Terry Brooks
The Enchantress...............Michael Scott

(5637 pages)

The Snow Child that everyone loves was “ok” I enjoyed most of it but it didn’t really grab me to tell everyone to read it. 

The Night Circus I can’t say I enjoyed very much and I don’t know why.  It just wasn’t my cup of tea I guess.

As much as I enjoyed the other books I will say I ended on a high note by reading the last book of the Nicholas Flamel series, The Enchantress, by Michael Scott!  This may have been a YA series but it was chuck full of Mythical and Historical characters and I really (really!)enjoyed it. (except for the fact that it ended the series).

So…. another OUaT has come and gone. :o(   So now we begin to look forward to RIP!!! yeah, that’s the ticket!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Pat, you've done fantastically well. That's an amzing achievement! Me, I failed miserably despite loads of initial enthusiasm. Oh well.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

You did awesome! I am going to have to see where I stand. I have no idea!

4:38 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I can't wait for RIP!! I did so awful with this challenge this year :( It just happened to come during a big transition point in my life and I was reading like a book a month and none of it was fantasy :( Hopefully the reading starts picking up again now!!

7:29 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: I was totally surpised that I read so much and got rid of a few trilogies that I've had forever lol

kailana: sheesh kelly.. my 13 books is what you read in one day! lol

Chris: I hope you can get matt to make a blog so he can do RIP with us!!!!

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Cheryl @ Tales of the Marvelous said...

Wow, way to go on all those series! For some reason, completing a whole series always feels like an extra accomplishment. :)

8:10 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cheryl: I think you are right about reading a whole trilogy lol.. I have others! lol

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home