My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Be Still My Heart

So… who out there remembers Robert Pine?

pine1[1]

Some of us that are old enough remember him as the Sergeant on “Chips”… I think that’s when I first thought he was handsomer than the two stars of the show Eric Estrada and Larry Wilcox.  

I like to think after drooling all those years that I “got lucky” and did get to meet him at an autograph show in California… his hair had turned white but those blue eyes still had it!..he was still extremely handsome as far as I was concerned.

So…  then can anyone tell me why I am the last person on earth to finally realize that the gorgeous Robert Pine happens to be the daddy of the equally gorgeous Chris Pine (of Star Trek fame as our own Captain Kirk~).

I mean really!   just look at Chris and try to deny who his daddy is!!!!!

Goodness gracious but Mr. Pine sure had some sexy genes to pass on!!

pine2[1]

ok.. so I am not too bright…. *sigh*  I guess I never figured there couldn’t be two that handsome in the same family!   

Wow.

Just… wow.

(and pass the drool bucket!)

7 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I remember him and his wife Gwynne Gilford, (A lovely looking woman--Chris gets some of his looks from her, too...!) I met them many years ago because they belonged to the same Theatre Group as Tom Troupe and Carole Cook....A very sweet couple and both very talented....
And hasn't their son done well!!!
BRAVO to all three of them!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I didn't know this either! I have never heard this before but I can certainly see the resemblance and it all makes sense!

8:06 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Naomi: I always liked Robert Pine and never made the connection lol. the time I met him briefly he was such a nice man, glad to hear I was right!

kathleen: I thought Chris did marvelous as Kirk! (the whole cast did) and now he's getting many more movies! I am thrilled for him and hope his success continues!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

"Pass the drool bucket" <---You crack me up!!!

When I saw that top picture there, I just kept thinking, "Who is that? I know I should know who that is!" His name didn't ring any bells, but I definitely recognized him. But yep, as soon as you said CHiPs, it totally clicked! You know, I think he got more handsome as he got older.

1:19 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

I remember him!! And you're right, they're both very nice looking!

cjh

2:56 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I don't actully remember him in Chips but goodness, aren't father and son alike?

6:59 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

haha, you can tell they are related!

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home