My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

The Likeness

The Likeness by Tana French.

Paperback: 466 pages
Publisher: Penguin Books;(May 26, 2009)
ISBN-10: 0143115626




Tana French astonished critics and readers alike with her mesmerizing debut novel, In the Woods. Now both French and Detective Cassie Maddox return to unravel a case even more sinister and enigmatic than the first. Six months after the events of In the Woods, an urgent telephone call beckons Cassie to a grisly crime scene. The victim looks exactly like Cassie and carries ID identifying herself as Alexandra Madison, an alias Cassie once used. Suddenly, Cassie must discover not only who killed this girl, but, more importantly, who is this girl? A disturbing tale of shifting identities,

Quite a long time ago I read Tana French's first book "In the Woods" and remember enjoying it.  Not sure what took me so long to read another of her books, but I finally did and it was enjoyable too. 

It was different.

Undercover detective work generally means to pass yourself off as someone you are not.  In this case Cassie Maddox had to go among friends and pass herself off as a friend they thought was dead.  How does one convince 4 good friends that she's their "not dead" friend?    I think she wrote the story quite well., and like I said.. it was different, so I wasn't sure what to expect.   She had four different personalities to deal with and the detective that put her on the case once they realized she could be the dead girls twin sister. 

I have two more of her books sitting around here so, I may pick another up before I try another author.  Until next time.............................. enjoy whatever you are reading!

 

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I read In The Woods and thought it was utterly brilliant. But when this came out I didn't fancy it somehow... it sounded too much like a book I'd just read by Ruth Rendell so I gave it a miss. Perhaps I need to rethink that.

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home