My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, July 14, 2018

The Face of a Stranger

The Face of a Stranger by Anne Perry.

Paperback: 368 pages
Publisher: Ballantine Books (September 30, 2008)
ISBN-10: 034551355X


 

Amazon Review...

In this exhilarating series debut, police detective William Monk must solve the mystery of his own past.
 
His name, they tell him, is William Monk, and he is a London police detective. But the accident that felled him has left him with only half a life; his memory and his entire past have vanished. As he tries to hide the truth, Monk returns to work and is assigned to investigate the brutal murder of a Crimean War hero and man about town. Which makes Monk's efforts doubly difficult, since he's forgotten his professional skills along with everything else.


Without realizing this was such a large series I happened to read "Revenge in a Cold  River" and enjoyed. Especially liking the flawed main character, William Monk.
So I searched and found the first book of the very long series (you do not have to read them all to enjoy them).  ... and I loved it!  A super read with questions in your mind at all times!  Set back in Victorian London, I find it enjoyable to read mysteries that don't have modern means to help them solve the murders!  I do, however, wish some of them were in other parts of England!

This book was so enjoyed I found a used copy on Amazon that is book number 2.  Monk leaves many questions about himself that I need finding out... let alone, another mystery!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I've read a few books by Anne Perry, I especially like the Christmas books she writes every year... always a crime in Victorian times.

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home