My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

A good Mail day..

Happy New Year's Eve!!...

Wow, the mail came today and the book I sent for "A Gift of Dragons" is here already! How fast is that! Amazing! (Of course if it was something important it would take weeks.. but hey, I'll take what I can get!)

I was very surprised, not only that it got here so fast.. but it was small. Hmmm, didn't expect that, thought it would be normal size for a hardback book., but noooo it's a whole 5 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches. Like I said... small.

I was leary as I flipped thru it.. but quickly a smile came across my face. It was illustrated beautifully!! Just the way I think ALL fantasy books should look! Each page was outlined with dragons and graphics.. and every so often a full page sketch !!

The artist is Tom Kidd. I never heard of him before but when I quickly did a search of his name I found that he is indeed on the web as an artist/ illustrator.

I looooove that look! Just "sketches" not intricate drawings or paintings.. though I like all of that this had the right look! It's the way I had pictured my stories to look if they were in book form! Now, that's cool.. I guess it also makes me not very "original".. or.. it's just what I like. Yeah, guess that's it. A sketch gives you something to invision but not everything, so your imagination can still work.

I'm no artist but the sketches I made for my stories (which can be found here: http://www.geocities.com/kesterwoodgirl/kesterwoodart.html) really remind me of how this book was put together. And ya know... that makes me feel good. It makes me feel like my choices were right. Nice to feel that way, for a change.. and nice to wind up 2005 on a high note.

I scanned a page from the book for the journal.. it shows a full page sketch by Tom Kidd and the way the written pages are "framed".. I think I will kick back today and do some reading in this "small but very fine looking" book!

So.. I hope everyone has a Happy New Year's Eve.. and a "non-hangover" New Years Day!!.. have a good one!


DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!! I would like you all back here next year!

3 Comments:

Blogger Astaryth said...

There are a couple of those 'little hardbacks' out there. I believe that An Exchange of Gifts and If Wishes were Horses were both like that also, but I've been wrong before ;p

Adventures of an Eclectic Mind

3:40 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Have a Happy New Year girlfriend! ;)

4:51 PM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

Oh, and Just popping in to wish you a Happy New Years from our House to Yours!
Adventures of an Eclectic Mind

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home