My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Feline Friday... plus

Happy Friday... at least to those to go to work everyday. Friday is almost always a good day, at least as good psychologically as Monday is "bad" ..heh.


Once again I feel a contribution of a cat picture (or two) for Feline Fridays, so here they are: This first picture I like to call "It's time for dad to come home".. this occurs at the kitchen window every evening. When I begin to cook, they know David will come home... and when he does... FOOD! Then the begging begins! (this is a shot of BooBoo Kitty, Frickey, and Winkey)



As most know there are 9 cats in this house. One resides only in Davids room, which makes it more like 8 cats. Of the 8 cats most are up in age and don't do much but hide and sleep, which is why you seem to see the same 3 cats over and over again.. BooBoo, Winkey and Peanut are the youngest and came to live here only 3 yrs ago.. so they are the ones up and around most. Ocasionally, I get a rare shot of one of the others, I keep a folder just of cat pics so that when that happens I'll choose them instead !!


The next pic is BooBoo Kitty.. He loves being in the windows..any window! And I think he's beginning to like his picture taken as he seems to now and then "strike a pose".


*********************************************************


The "plus" part of this entry is going to refer to yesterday's post about the upcoming convention and a comment or two that was left for me.


It seems mutualaide of Life on Flamingo Row has the same problem I do when it comes to temptation and the end results of it.. "surely, as soon as the money leaves my hands a high priority "thing" happens and I'm wishing I had just not give in" Boy, Howdy!! That has my name written all over it!! It sure makes you wonder where you went wrong in life that any little enjoyment you find can turn and bite you on the butt and make you feel like you were greedy for even considering yourself worthy of the enjoyment you had.


She goes on to suggest: skip the convention, write for the autographs and slip them into your picture book. Yeah, the value won't be the same, but heck, you won't regret it! Which is something I have to say flitted through my mind ...briefly. The reason it was so brief is when the actors are busy ones like these people, the chances of getting a signed photo by writing to them dwindles to a really low percentage.. and then IF you get one, there's a good chance it's not "real".. that a machine did it or a secretary.. Which is also why if you write for someone who's no longer very busy, will get you the real thing.


Then I had an email from a dear friend.. she was .. well.. blunt! lol lol


I read your blog today the hell with it you only live ONCE go to that damn convention!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to admit.. it made me laugh. This is from a person who lives in New Orleans.. she went through Katrina... and after all these months she just NOW received a trailer from FEMA! Which could easily explain why she says to enjoy life... you never know what tomorrow will bring.


Big *sigh* here... there has been no reply to the email i sent to the convention folks asking what day the autographs are to be held, and I am doubtful they will respond over a weekend... so... it's still my excuse not to decide while in the frame of mind of "what the heck" and just do it. Maybe over the weekend I'll think more on it. (maybe? cha!)


Meanwhile there's laundry to be done, you know.. the "fun" part of the day..heh. Have a good Friday!

1 Comments:

Blogger hestiahomeschool said...

Awww....what a heartwarming Feline Friday photo...they look so keen on welcoming someone home.

http://journals.aol.com/hestiahomeschool/HomeschoolingJournal/entry/5063

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home