My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

House (no, not the kind you live in!)

Anyone out there (besides me and Julie) watch "House"?.. 


I was surprised to see Hugh Laurie on the cover of Entertainment Weekly,.. but I probably shouldn't have been . His show is renewed and he's popping up on shows like Actors Studio. Hugh was born in Oxford, England on June 11, 1959. He was educated at Eton and Cambridge. Son of an Olympic gold medal in the sport, he rowed for the England youth team (1977) and for Cambridge (1980).
One of the surprising things about Mr. Laurie is the use of his American accent for the series. To be honest, after I saw him using his "natural voice" I wonder why they made him use an American accent? Oh well.. I really enjoy the show no matter what voice he uses. It's strange.. as his character, sometimes you want to smack him upside the head and other times you could only wish for a real doctor as smart as he is!
Try to Google his name -he's all over the web!! Gad zooks!
For anyone interested in him, in case you don't know he's also an author. He wrote a book in 1996 (released in the states in 1998) called The Gun Seller. And a new book is due out called The Paper Soldier.
I guess the actual reason I decided to put his picture up and write about him is because the magazine was delivered to the house! And of course it doesn't hurt to promote someone you enjoy...

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I subscribe to this magazine and loved the cover. I just love 'House' and I love Hugh Laurie as well. I also watched him on The Actor Studio. He's not too bad on the eyes, either. Sept. 5th the new season starts and my TiVo is all ready for it. lol

2:20 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

House is one of my favorite shows. They never answered The question in House's dream as to why that man's eyes were popping out.

I wonder what they have in store for this season.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home