My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Book and Quiz

This is one of those 2 for one entries... I was tagged by Jeff to do a book meme, where you turn to page 123 of the nearest book to you and count down 5 sentences and write the next 5 sentences, so here it goes...

From the book Dragons of a Vanished Moon by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman:

"If that meant an elf maiden could no longer carry her dancing shoes, so be it. Most thought this stricture harsh in the extreme and grumbled incessantly. Someone came up with the idea of building a litter that could be dragged along behind and soon many of the elves began lashing together tree limbs to haul their goods. Gilthas watched and shook his head. "You will never force them to abandon their treasures, my love," said the Lioness, "Do not try lest they come to hate you."

It's a good book.. part of a Trilogy of many books in the DragonLance Series. But you might not be able to tell it from this passage.


Then Gem had one of those little quizzes to take so i took it... sure wouldn't mind if there was some credence to it! ha ha ha... "Excuse me Mr. Lucas, Mr Spielburg and Mr Howard, but as you see I've been told I should be a Film Writer"

You Should Be a Film Writer
You don't just create compelling stories, you see them as clearly as a movie in your mind.
You have a knack for details and dialogue. You can really make a character come to life.
Chances are, you enjoy creating all types of stories. The joy is in the storytelling.
And nothing would please you more than millions of people seeing your story on the big screen!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Science fiction?
Nah, i like yours better, Film Writer.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Yay Dragonlance!!
I have all of the "Dragons of" books, so far as I know! Dragons of Autumn Twilight was my first fantasy book. Did you know they're re-releasing the Chronicles in an awesome leather-bound compendium? check it out!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Well crapola. I went to take the quiz and couldn't read the font. Something is going on with my browser this morning.....

Chris
My Blog

12:25 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

I loved that book Meme!!!

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home