My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Daily News Report...



February 15, 2007... Orange NJ..
So? What's the big deal? you are asking...
That's not much snow. (nope) This is your winter? (yup)
I know it doesn't look like much, and in the amount of snow it sure isn't. But what you are looking at is more dangerous then if it was snow... it's ice! And it's been so cold here, single digits and below, that even putting salt on it doesn't help... it stays frozen.
On today's news they showed a film clip from a police car that had pulled over to someone stuck on the road...what it showed would have given me a heart attack had I been in that stuck car! A Fed X double trailer truck was coming down the road in the opposite direction... the second trailer began to slide and went right into that car before bouncing back and then swinging back again farther down the road before the driver could get it to a stop..buy the time it stopped the double trailer truck looked in the shape of a "Z" Thankfully no one was hurt... but it is an example of what happens on the "nothing to speak of looking road" pictured above.
We are getting to 18 degrees today with a -2 degrees wind chill factor.. I don't think it's going to melt the roads yet! This is surely a case of: Less is More.
Did anyone hear about the passengers on a Jet Blue plane that went out to take off in this weather and sat there for 7 hours?!!! For this they got their money back and a "free flight" later to anywhere... well duh... need to give me more then that after sitting there for 7 hours before the flight gets canceled!!!! I might have choked someone by then lol.
'Till next time...

9 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

You couldn't pay me to live in this weather ever again....How you doi it---How Anyone does it, I don't know...And it does seem that the weather is getting "more" of whatever it is and was...Do take good care Pat.

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here in Boston we had just a bit of snow and a ton of ice! Where are you in NJ? I grew up near New Brunswick.

2:38 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Ok Naomi ...now put in a good word for good weather there in LA March 5-12 please?! lol

Rhea: I am in Orange nj right now. I was born and raised in a small town called New Providence NJ. I know where New Brunswick is..not all that far..but nothing is, NJ is so small lol

2:42 PM  
Blogger Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

I am so over winter. Although this has been mild by Michigan standards, the cold snap of the last two weeks have more than made up for it. And the snow yesterday. Thank god today is the first day of spring..which for me means pitchers and catchers report for spring training.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

I watched those news stories on Good Morning America. When I saw the video from the police officers point of view, I cringed. I am glad no one was hurt.

Ice Storms suck. I will never forget the one we had in 1991. No power!

We got 20 inches of snow, but I can't complain because one of our neighboring cites got over 100 inches. They would never let me. LOL

9:57 PM  
Blogger DellaB said...

7 hours, that's horrific - I think I would have been well claustrophobic by then... have to just shake my head at your ice and snow, we are still in heat and drought down here. We see the terrible time you are having on our news programs.

3:25 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Stewart: I am always ready for winter to be over right after New Years Eve! I love the change of seasons but winter is way tooooo long!

Charles:oh yes, I've read about that 100 inches of snow! I can't even imagine it even when I see pictures of it! They will have snow on the ground into June!

Della: Jet Blue would have to give me more then one free ticket that's for sure!! When I fly from here to CA it's a 6 hr flight and that's with things working right... I don't think I could do more then that!

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am WAY too clausterphobic to sit in a plane like that for that long.

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problem walking on that ice....just wear golf shoes! LOL

Chris
My Blog

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home