My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Blogging Tip & A Backyard Adventure

Today I planned just to show a few yard photos... and I still will. But first Kim of Bold, Blue Adventure is asking for blogging tips, and or.., complaints.

Well, the only tip I have is.. when you are stuck on something.. BEG! Eventually someone comes to your rescue! heh..

I keep my blog in 3 places. Yah I know ..dumb.. overkill. But when I first started blogging I heard of someone in aol who lost his entire blog which he had been writing well over a year. So I decided to "back up" mine.

Now.. I am not a Techy Type. (boy am I not!) But I can copy and paste! So that's what I do! When I began I started in aol journal.. I did manage to learn where to type it up and how to get a picture on the journal... from there, as I said.. "copy and paste" to blogspot and to wordpress. (I didn't mean to have 2 backups but I got mad at blogspot and was looking to move and so pasted into wordpress)

Blogspot changed... used widgets and such.. no more templates (my main blog still has the old template!) I have not mastered a thing with the new "layout" most especially widgets.. and even more so in wordpress!! so.. when I can no longer copy and past I will be up a creek. Which will be sooner than I hope because I am nearly out of the free space aol gives me to upload photos to. Oh there is a secondary place, but when I upload to aol pictures and then add them to my journal.. they are way smallerthan what I want! so.. not sure what will happen when I run out of space at file manager in aol.. like I said, it will be sooner than I like.

Anyway... Copy and Paste is my only "tip" in blogging lol... but I do have one complaint: I HATE the pop up things that happen when you mouse goes over something! It totally interferes in my reading!!! It really annoys the heck out of me and it seems to be written the the scripts of many blogs now so one does not have a choice if they use it or not... maybe it's my age, but I really dislike it!!

(pop ups like this.. drive me crazy! how about you?)


****************************************************

(I guess I should stop putting up pictures like this that "aren't necessary" because I am almost out of room to upload to... anyone have suggestions? )

Kester and Woody take a walk in the yard....

9 Comments:

Blogger Kim L said...

Great advice! I also hate when blogs and/or websites have too many things popping up or music playing automatically or anything else automatic.

Thanks for playing :-)

8:24 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kim: Ohhhh I forgot about music! yep don't like that either..takes away from concentrating on what you are trying to read!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ohhhhhhhh I LOVE your backyard adventure!!! Those little figures are just sO cute! hehehe... sometimes in life ya gotta make your own FUN! You do that well!

9:39 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Melli!.. the poppets must have adventures lol..

9:48 AM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

lol! I love the poppet pics, as usual.

Asking for rescue is actually a great tip. There's always someone out there who knows more than you, and often enough people are kind enough to help...there are whole blogs out there just devoted to helping people with technical stuff! I remember than when, about a month after I started my blog, I decided to make a personal template, some random stranger went over my html and told me exactly what I had to do to make things look the way I wanted.

4:10 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I hate these popup windows that are showing up all over the place too! Drives me nuts! I don't know what I would do if I lost my entire blog...I would be so damn upset! I really should start backing up on my blogger blog...especially since it's already there...it really wouldn't be difficult :p Great tip!

And I love the poppet pics :) I always love it when you post those!

4:25 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

nymeth: I think most of us learned all we know about computers and getting around in them from "strangers" we met on line!!

Ummm Chris.. i love you.. but your blog does that! if your mouse goes over a link a window opens.. I know some people that put that on their blog "on purpose" but I think now many come scripted that way... as much as I hate it I will not stop reading the blogs that has it... it's just annoying as all get out.

5:36 PM  
Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

I love the poppet adventures. At my house, if the kids have to be out of school for any period of time, we do Bionicle adventures. Their not nearly as cute as the poppets, but it's great fun.

Does AOL go by e-mail addresses? When my photobucket is full,I create another e-mail account.

6:03 AM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I know my blog does the popups, lol! I hate it too! But it's in Worpress' stupid scripts for my layout so I have no control over it...it didn't do it with the version I originally used, but then this new version of wordpress started doing it. Pain in the ass huh? lol!

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home