My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

I'm Ba-a-a-d

Have you ever watched a bad movie just because an actor you like happens to be in it?

I have.

And I did just that this morning on TCM.

It was called The People That Time Forgot (1977) ..and it was so "corny" it was almost laughable! But it had one thing.. or rather, one person in it that was always so gorgeous to me that I couldn't not watch it.

The actor?

Oh!.. that would be Doug McClure. And if you look below you will see the eye candy that he was!! (well, the woman will.. the men can just be jealous)

(below is what caught my immediate attention! Hello?! Can you say "gimme, gimme gimme!?" lol)

Next is a very young Doug McClure, woof! What a cutie he was!

Here's a nice shot of Doug with John McIntire in the television series The Virginian. His character name was Trampas.

next is just a gorgeous shot of his irresistible smile!

And lastly the photo in my collection.....

Since I purchased this from a dealer I can not be positive that it's an authentic autograph but I sure hope it is, because I adored Doug McClure and I like thinking this autograph is real.

Educated at UCLA, this blond leading man long made a career of apparent agelessness. He played one young sidekick after another through numerous movies and one TV series after another, playing 20ish roles into his late 40s. Although he made more than 500 appearances in his career (counting TV episodes separately), he is undoubtedly best remembered as Trampas in the series "The Virginian" (1962) and and Backtrack! (1969). McClure was fighting cancer the last couple of years before his death; despite this, he continued working, appearing in Maverick (1994) as one of the gamblers, as well as in Riders in the Storm (1995) and episodes of "Burke's Law" (1994) and "Kung Fu: The Legend Continues" (1993) which didn't appear until after his death. McClure got a star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame shortly before his death.

I'm sure no one under the age of 40 , will remember most of those television shows! lol

Even though the movie I was watching with him in it will never make the list of top 10, it was worth suffering through it.. just to see Doug!

(This was every bit as bad of me to do as it is when I buy a book because of its cover!! sheesh! well, I guess eye candy remains eye candy, in more ways than one!)

8 Comments:

Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

I have actually watched bad movie, to see a good actor,(or good looking one):D If you don't pay attention to the dialogue, or set those movies can be very entertaining...lol

7:27 AM  
Blogger Bookfool said...

We watched a terrible movie that we bought based on the cast, just last night: Impromptu. It stars Hugh Grant, Judy Davis, Mandy Patinkin and Emma Thompson -- all wonderful actors, but geez. The movie was just flat awful. Fortunately, it was also fairly inexpensive. Now, I just have to get rid of it. :)

4:14 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

animewookie: you have to admit, when they are really bad you have to wonder how they ever got made! lol

bookfool: hmmm, now you have me curious lol.. no title? hahah..

4:17 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Oh my God, Pat, 'Trampas'!!! I was so crazy about him. If he wasn't in an episode of The Virginian it ruined my weekend (it used to show here on Friday evenings). And I've seen the movie you mention, I actually love it, even though I haven't seen it in years.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I have watched, and no doubt will continue to watch, many a bad movie because I like the actor or actress who is in it. In fact I often end up liking these films despite them being 'bad' because I enjoy who is in them. I'm easily entertained I guess.

11:23 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: LOL Hey, you have great taste! I don't usually "fall for blondes" but Doug was an exception! Such a great smile and gorgeous head of hair! When it's exceptional,.. it's exceptional!

Carl: I have to agree! I've liked many a bad movie because of a great actor/actress! But I will say this (with prehistoric animals) was so bad all I could do was shake my head lol

8:57 AM  
Blogger Bookfool said...

Impromptu is the title. It's about George Sand (a female -- not sure whether I knew that or not -- played by Judy Davis) falling in love with a very wimpy Chopin (Hugh Grant). The only really delicious performance was by Mandy Patinkin. He was a riot. Emma Thompson was great, although the role was goofy. It was the story that was lacking. Honestly, I just couldn't see the wimp ending up in a passionate affair with the woman who liked dressing like a man. Too bizarre and waaaaaay overacted by Judy.

9:58 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

bookfool: wow, I can say I've never heard of that movie title! But you can bet I will watch for it LOL.. I like Hugh Grant and Emma Thompson a lot.. gee.. it does have a great cast.. sometimes I just can't imagine so many good actors/ actresses, agreeing to do such a movie.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home