My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Amazon, a Freebee and an ARC!

This is called: A Good Mail Day. And boy, I needed a reason to smile!


This first book (Indy ! Indy ! Indy!) I won!!! Yep, it's true! I won it over at Graeme's Fantasy Book Review a few days ago!! So this one is a Freebee!!! Wooohooo!! Nothing better than a free book!.. oh.. well..it does have to be one you want too! heh.

(cover art : Drew Struzan!!)

I had put off ordering Fablehaven... I just couldn't afford it at first, then Amazon listed it as a 2 or 3 week wait.. so I waited till it was "in stock"... I'm anxious to get to this one, since I did read the others and enjoyed them. Is this a great cover or what?! Love it!

When I ordered Fablehaven I had to order one more book (I don't like paying for shipping! I can't READ shipping!) Anyway, I forget now who did the review from Carl's Challenge for Madapple, but I thought I'd like it so added it to the list... now of course it's in the next list.. the TBR list! heh.

And then this arrived!.........

This is my ARC copy of J Scott Savage's book of Far World: Water Keep.!! (already available for preorder on amazon)

This is very exciting. I want to jump right on it but... I am in the middle of a trilogy right now. (thankfully they seem to be a fairly fast read) And my review of this is set in August, so there's no real rush...but I've picked it up 5 times already and just flipped the pages! I can already say that I like the layout of the book, the feel of the book... and the cover!

...and that cutie pie even autographed the ARC !!!

I was one of the people who emailed Scott for an ARC copy with the promise that I would do a review and I can also hold a contest for another free ARC to be given out and I can to an interview with him.. whew... I've never done an interview before! I hope I can count on others to leave me suggestions of questions to ask Scott.

This is so cool.. I can only imagine how excited he is to see this book in print (even the ARC) and to know that in September when it's released he will be able to see his book in book stores!

It has a pretty cool cover too!.. Cover art by Brandon Dorman (the same man that did the Fablehaven covers!) and the strange thing is.. it even looks better in person!

I know I won't wait until mid July to read this lol... so I will have to write a review and save it somewhere !! I have to think of what sort of contest/ giveaway I will have for a copy of the ARC that Scott will mail out to the winner. Make that winners.. plural. Contests will go on with others who are reading the ARC, like mahbabyboy Chris. (grin)

I feel so excited for Scott... sheesh, you'd think it was my book!

Scot's blog can be found here. He's a really nice guy and answers any and all questions about writing and getting published... ummm, however.. save some for me to ask him for the interview if you go visit his blog ! (and you should!)

9 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Wow, what an excellent haul, Pat. Wonderful when the postman brings something other than bills! I'll have to check out Far World, the cover is gorgeous and you even got bookmarks! (Sounds like an infectious disease... maybe it is. ;-))))

6:32 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: especially when half of it didn't cost anything! You can learn a lot about Far World at Scotts blog..

6:57 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Wow...now that really is what I call a fabulous mail day! Can't wait until you all start reviewing Far World. I have a feeling it's going to wonderful, and will need to purchased immediately upon release.

7:00 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

debi: I hope so.. that would be great for Scott... then I can say I knew him when! (sorta hehe)

7:01 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Congrats, that is a good mail day!!!

I love the Madapple cover.

I too got my Savage ARC in the mail yesterday. It is one good looking book!

12:57 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

carl: wow! I didn't know you were in on the reviews for Scott!! I am really glad! You and Chris have really good "readership" and that can only help him.

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cover for Madapple is interesting.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

You got all kinds of good stuff! Hope you love them and I’ll look for your reviews.

11:58 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

stephanie: I think so too.. now i only hope the story is good lol

Ladytink: yep.. funny thing is, I read even when Carl does't have a challenge! lol

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home