My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Impatiently Waiting

*Sigh*.. Sometimes Life steps in and things get laid to the side.. back on July 3rd

Becky at Becky's Book Reviews did a post about "Books I Really Want" Her post asked the following:

1. Make a post talking about books that are coming out that you're looking forward to.
2. Why those books. Include love for previous works in a series, love for an author, love for a random review that caught your eye and now you have to have those books or you'll DIE.

Notes: the books have to be those of the unreleased variety at the time your post is written. Images encouraged if available!


As I said... things happened and I never made the post I had wanted to in order to do a small response to this request. I checked my Amazon wish list to see what books I had on there that are marked for "preorder". This I knew would fulfill the part about the book not being released yet.

Although there are surely more than 2 on that list of mine there are (at the moment) only 2 that I really, really, really am anxiously waiting for... and strange as things can be, both of them get released this October.

The first one is by James A Owen. It is the third in his series of books where all the action takes place in the Archipelago of Dreams . In book one (Here There Be Dragons) three friends become the caretakers of a special book and travel where fantasy becomes reality.... and after the adventure is over you learn the true identities of the caretakers of the Imaginarium Geographica. And in book two ( The Search for the Red Dragon) the dragon ships have disappeared and you get appearances of Peter Pan and James Barrie! (His stories just gets better and better!)

James also does all the artwork,including the covers of his books... he also includes many illustrations along the way,... just adding to an already great read, you get his fantastic art work!

Anyway... this third installment is called The Indigo Dragon and it is due out this October ( 21st) and I can't wait to read what he has in store for the Caretakers (and me) next!!

Hardcover: 384 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing (October 21, 2008)
ISBN-10: 1416951075


And then there is Cornelia Funke. I was so taken by the first book I read of her's that I couldn't read other books by her fast enough!

The first book, called Inkheart captured me from the very beginning. It's a book about.. well, books! And people who love books.. and people who have the ability to read characters right out of the books! It's been made into a movie, but the release of the movie keeps getting pushed back! The latest I can find out is that now it's slated for a January release, starring Brendon Frazier.

Book two, Inkspell takes the story to the next level, where Meg and her parents are read INTO the book! (things are not going well for them)

I am sooooooooooooooo waiting for the release of Inkdeath I can't find the words! The book was released last year in her native language, German. I have been waiting for the translation ever since! I will say this: whoever is translating the books has done an absolutely fabulous job!

Hardcover: 656 pages
Publisher: The Chicken House (release date: October 7, 2008)
ISBN-10: 0439866286

Amazon: The Adderhead--his immortality bound in a book by Meggie's father, Mo--has ordered his henchmen to plunder the villages. The peasants' only defense is a band of outlaws led by the Bluejay--Mo's fictitious double, whose identity he has reluctantly adopted. But the Book of Immortality is unraveling, and the Adderhead again fears the White Women of Death. To bring the renegade Bluejay back to repair the book, the Adderhead kidnaps all the children in the kingdom, dooming them to slavery in his silver mines unless Mo surrends. First Dustfinger, now Mo: Can anyone save this cursed story?

There are other books I am waiting for releases of... but none as much as these two books! How about you? Are there any books that you wish would hurry up and get released??

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I'm looking forward to both of these as well. I didn't realize the Owen one was this soon. How exciting!

I loved Inkheart but haven't gotten to Inkspell yet.

11:13 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Becky: it's been a while so I will reread Inkheart and Inkspell before Inkdeath arrives! Search for the Red Dragon I read not that long ago so I don't need to reread that one..

11:16 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I'm looking forward to Inkdeath but need to read Inkspell before it comes out. Likewise the final Eragon book, Brisingr or whatever it's called. I don't think there's anything I'm desperate for though.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home