My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Paul Newman

Paul Newman: January 1925 - September 26 2008

Oh so briefly I will say that Mr Newman was nominated 10 times for the Academy Award, including eight times as Best Actor, once as Best Supporting Actor, and once for Best Picture.

A movie that always stayed with me because he starred with the great Jessica Tandy was: Nobody's Fool (1994) .... Sully Sullivan with Jessica Tandy

And I believe, that among his final award nominations were the awards he won for HBO's Empire Falls (2005) (TV) .... Max Roby

Joanne Woodward and Paul Newman.

I am not even going to attempt a tribute to this great actor.. but rather I will tell you if you want to read a really good tribute click this link to read one at Naomi's blog of Here In The Hills. She's done a super job... as she always does.

A legend in his own lifetime.. Paul Newman, you, your talent and your giving nature will be missed greatly.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this world has lost a rare gem with his passing. Not only was he a good steward and generous philanthropist, but a rare breed among Hollywood. 50 years married!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I truly LOVED that man! Not just the actor - but the man who filled with such a strong moral fiber! He was a fabulous influence and benefit to the world in general!

1:06 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

karmyn: as for the long marriage, most would be surprised to know there are more of them than anyone would guess. (my friend DeForest among them, married MORE than 50 yrs) but we continually hear of the ones that don't work.. kinda sad actually.

Melli: He was a man who didn't just talk the talk.. he walked the walk.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always liked him. Thanks for your comment in my new blogger. When you visit again look on the right side of the entry and click on followers and that will allow me to look at your journal easily. Thanks, Helen

4:36 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I think the only movie I've seen with him in it was Cars and it doesn't really count (although he was my favorite character). Now I'm all sad! I need to go look at I can haz cheezburger pics.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

A nice tribute, Pat. He was one of a kind and I too am impressed by his 50 years of marriage to the same woman. RIP Mr. Newman.

6:11 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Helen: I thought you had to do that to this blog for you to read it easier???

Oh my Tink!.. you're slipping not to have seen any Paul Newman movies! lol

Cath: I haven't been up to doing a good tribute, which is why i have the link to Naomi's blog .. she did a super job!

7:42 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

It was so sad to hear this :( He truly will be missed...it's so sad to see these wonderful old actors leave us...

1:10 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Well TCM is celebrating him by showing his movies so I'll have to remedy that. Any movie in particular you think I'd like?

4:12 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

What an incredibly goregous man, both in youth and old age. Those eyes remained amazing.

What a lovely tribute, Deslily. Thanks.

cjh

4:26 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: when you get old you will feel even more personal about stars that pass away. When you've seen them your entire life and you realize just how short life is..

Tink: oh my.. well probably his most famous movies are: The Hustler, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (that would be my choice i guess) and Cool Hand Luke, to name three.

CJ: yes, he sure was!

7:14 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thanks, my dear...! I LOVE ALL the pictures you have chosen...And as always, you find such Great Photo's. Love your words, too!

4:36 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Naomi: did Paul Newman ever take a bad photo? hehe

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home