My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The Blame Game Continues!...

This time it's Cath's fault! 

I read her second blog today and immediately cracked up!  In her post she mentions that "all she wants for Christmas is.... " and then a photo of Anthony Head. (though I don't think she means she wants a photo of him!)

Anyway.. once again my warped mind went to something I did years ago concerning.... 

yep, you guessed it!  DeForest.

As a Joke I wrote a letter to Santa.. in hopes of a special Christmas Pressie...

Then I framed it and put it under my Christmas Tree. (I was living in California at the time)

Oh.. and the signature of "Lustful Lil"... ummm that was me, somehow I managed to get that name by being in De's Fan Club.  

The "Lil" part was actually because the first time I ever met De I had to do a Lily Tomlin Impersonation and he cracked up so hard he wound up calling me Lily a few times.. heh.. hell, that was better than some names I've been called, I didn't mind!  He also passed me off as Lily Tomlin at a restaurant once!  We both got free deserts, a free sweatshirt and our photo taken with the owner!  *gawd*

The Lustful part came from the fact that I made some ... ohhh.... innocent observations that DeForest had a sexy lower lip.. and I let him know it. In a comical way of course! (I did not want to loose my friendship with Carolyn after all !!... and more to the point... she agreed about the sexy lip!  Which meant I could talk it up in his fan club newsletter all I wanted!!  Heh!  ... he even signed a photo to me once  from: "the lip" !)

Anyway... when I read Cath's post I laughed out loud thinking of the above photo and thinking that somehow, someway.. Cath and I must be related!  Yep.. it just has to be, ..because it's too scary to think someone NOT related to you can think so many of your thoughts !! :o)

7 Comments:

Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Lol. I did that with a pic of James Marsters when I was in high school... I got a VHS of one of the Buffy episodes instead :(

10:41 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Tink: aww lol ..see, it was fun right?!!
(of course I was something like 48 yrs old when I did it.. second childhood!)

11:50 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Lustful Lil!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pat, I'm so glad I'm not the only crazy one. Heeheehee. I would so much liked to have seen your Lily Tomlin. I bet it was hysterical.

Ladytink: Funnily enough *my* Christmas present from my husband this year will be a complete set of.............. Buffy dvds!!! Nothing changes it seems.

3:14 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: oh hush! lol.. actually I was doing a lily impersonation in that one small avatar where I am all in white and De is laughing next to me... all I did was "snort" and do, "One ringy dingy.. two ringy dingy.. is this the party to whom I am speaking?"..

3:25 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

You should have made your nickname for facebook "Lustful Lil"! At least it comes with a great story. lol It is great that he was so easy-going and down to earth.

5:30 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kailana: facebook?? what's facebook??

5:58 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Deslily -

Love the Lustful Lil...

And I once told my sister that I wanted Bill Laimbeer for Christmas. He played basketball for the Detroit Pistons back in the day.

cjh

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home