My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, January 02, 2009

My (preorder) Wish List..

It seems a large part of my wish list on Amazon consists of "preorder" items (which I don't do, but I order on the date of their release.)

So far 2009 is shaping up with with 12 books that I am waiting to order. (that's far from my entire wish list, but it's a good amount all the same)

I have three in January, two in Feb, one in March, three in April, two in May and one in June.   I'm glad they are spread out!!

Princess of the Midnight Ball: ... Jessica Day George.. Jan 20

The Lightening Key: The Wednesday Tales No. 3  ..Jon Berkeley... Jan 27 (this follows The Palace of Laughter: The Wednesday Tales No. 1  and The Tiger's Egg:The Wednesday Tales No. 2)

Heroes of the Valley  .. Jonathan Stroud... Jan 27 (a new book, possibly a stand alone!)

Tuck... Stephen R Lawhead.. Feb. 1 (this book follows, Hood and Scarlet)

Dandelion Fire: ... N.D. Wilson... Feb 24.. (book 2 of 100 Cupboards)

Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven)... March 30 (this follows: Fablehaven, Rise of the Evening Star and Grip of the Shadow Plague)

A Forthcoming Wizard... Jody Lynn Nye... April 14 (book 2 following: An Unexpected Apprentice )

Thirteenth Child.... Patricia C. Wrede... April 15

The Language of Bees... Laurie R King... April 28 ( this is the 8th Mary Russell book! It follows Mary and Sherlock Holmes on many mystery adventures)

The Magic Thief: Lost .. Sarah Prineas.. May 12 (book 2 following: The Magic Thief )

The Sorceress (Secrets Imrtl Nicholas Flamel)... Michael Scott..May 26 (book 3: The Alchemyst: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel and The Magician: The Secrets of the Imrtl. Nicholas Flamel)

Septimus Heap: The Magykal Papers... Angie Sage.. June 23 ( book 5 it will follow: Magyk, Flyte, Physik, and Queste)

(Will it ever end??? )

And there are others I'm sure.  Some of which just haven't announced a release date, like J Scott Savages second Farworld book. 

I'm sure Chris will be happy to see a new Fablehaven book due out in March! (like you thought your tbr list wouldn't grow right? !  heh! yeah.. right!

I'm not sure if I should be thrilled or scared that Jonathan Stroud has a new book coming out.  I loved his Bartimaeus trilogy so much that I'm frightened that this one won't live up to that series! (but have my fingers crossed!)

Between all of these books and the chunksters I have still sitting on my tbr pile, I could read all year and not buy anything else.... but why do I not see that happening??

To help myself make room for the upcoming books I mailed out two very heavy boxes to  my grandson filled with books!  I was skeptical when I went into the post office  wondering if I could afford to mail them! (they were really really heavy!) .  But media mail came through for me and the two boxes came to under 10.00!  Whew!..

Then I tried doing minor rearranging where I took books from.. in the end I only wound up with about 3/4 of a small shelf freed up!  Heh..

I can't imagine what I need to do to get more space for my books!!  I keep saying I will keep only the books I know I will want to read again, but then I look at them and go, "well, I really am not ready to let those go yet".. gawd, I am in trouble!

.. But.. but...  *sigh*... never mind.

15 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

I haven't figured out my pre-orders entirely this year. Normally I have a list... I am trying not to buy very many books this year, but I am going home after work and finishing off my gift card. Yay!

11:26 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Kelly: oh there will probably be more, these are the only ones I know of for now lol.. I don't preorder them but wait until the release date to order them.. or later of course heh.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

That's definitely some list of upcoming releases you've got there! But look at the bright side, it would be even worse if all those great writers quit writing, right? :)

I didn't even realize there was a new N.D. Wilson coming out...guess I better go get that one added to my wish list.

May your 2009 be a year full of love, laughter, contentment, and lots of good reading!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

I hope the new Jonathan Stroud lives up to his other books! And yay for media mail and releasing shelf space. I need to prune my shelves too and add new stuff to Bookmooch. But like you, I'm not quite ready to let go even of books I doubt I'll read again.

I could not buy anything else and be settled for the year too...but I also don't see it happening :P

2:17 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks Debi !.. I refuse to take the blame for you ordering the sencond Cupboard book! lol lol

Nymeth: I don't do the bookmooch as I have to depend on neighbors who are rarely home to take me to the post office.. so my books got mailed to my grandson but he got lucky they didn't take weeks for me to mail!
Oh me too! lol I really enjoyed the ya books I sent my grandson but I know they aren't what I want to reread.. but many others, I'm not sure about ..but I'm always glad for the ones I AM sure about!! lol..oh heck.. i need another room!! lol

3:17 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

So many good books!! I may have already been guaranteed a galley copy of the new Fablehaven ;) And I'll get to do another interview with Brandon Mull! Excited about that.

Your TBR shelf cracks me up! You're starting to look like me now! You can try and try to make space...it's just not going to happen...trust me ;)

6:39 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Hooray for freed shelf space. Of course it will be filled up instantly, won't it? ;)

You've got some great pre-orders on the way.

6:55 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: oh cool! that would be great if you get another free copy!
yeah yeah..hush up son! lol

Carl: you'd think it would help but it barely touches the problem lol.. darn!

6:59 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

I just got a bunch of YA novels to review including, "The Stowaway" by R.A. & Geno Salvatore, "Pillage" by Obert Skye, "Far World," J. Scott Savage and "Slathbog's Gold" by M. L. Forman. I could always use some help if any of those sound good to you....

7:49 PM  
Blogger Bookfool said...

I don't pay attention to what's coming out, unless someone offers me a book (and then I look it up to see if I'm interested in reviewing in advance). But, I still have the same trouble with shelf space. You did great, freeing up 3/4 of a shelf! I've been listing books at PBS -- didn't realize I haven't done so in quite a while, till I started to go through my bags of finished books.

I love the moving poppets!!!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Funny but that's one thing I almost never do and that's pre-order books. So I found something we differ on! lol The exception would be Harry Potter books and then I tend to leave it to the last minute to find the best bargain. With the last one though I made the decision to queue at the bookshop at midnight because it would never happen again. And I'm really glad I did it.

My shelf-space is in a similar state to yours, Pat. I'm shoving books into the gaps above them now too. Heeeee.

6:07 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

bookfool: if i know I'm in a series I check now and then to see if the author is due to have a book come out.

Cath: you aren't the first to mention about preorder.. I don't preorder.. but if you put the book in your wish list it shows the gold "preorder" button until the release of the book.. i order them the day they come out I don't preorder.. but my list shows all these "preorder" books because they are books I am waiting to come out! heh.. Oh man, I can't send my grandson enough books to make space for me! LOL LOL! (we're still alike! heh.. no preorders!)

6:15 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

If it makes you feel any better my TBR pile is bigger.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

After my trip to England, I have 28 new books on my TBR pile! Then I have all the ones I haven't read yet....so I know how you feel. when I do clear some space off, there's already something waiting to fill it!There is never empty space for long on our bookshelves! I love your TBR pile too, I'm trying to read the titles, tee hee!!I keep looking at Labyrinth (Kate Mosse) too....

10:40 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

OMG! you had room to carry 28 books home??!!
I have a list of my tbr pile the link listed under "my websites" My never-ending tbr pile.

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home