My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, June 15, 2009

The Last Water Fowl (until something else comes along)

 Finally!  A bird I know !  A Duck!... don't ask what kind ..sheesh.

..but she is a Mama !

Mom and Pop taking a dip in the pond.

Utoh !  Someone screwed the ducks head on wrong! 

10 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

the little color swatch on her side there tells me mallard. quack!

nice shot!

10:40 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

ahh it's DAD eh? lol thanks Pam!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Nope, you were right, that's the mama. :) Daddy mallards are darker on their bodies, but have beautiful green heads. You have some great wildlife there! :)

11:01 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

It's funny, we have mallards around here and I can certainly recognize the male but I can't honestly say I've ever noticed that beautiful blue color on the hens. And the babies are the cutest! I love watching mamas and babies this time of year.

cjh

11:35 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Asara!..ummm whelp.. i think it safe to just say "ducks" lol..

cj: yeah, any animals with babies are neat to watch..

11:40 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Hi! :)
I agree. We had some baby birds outside our house too this spring.. my sister-in-law was able to identify what kind just by the way the nest was put together. I boggled.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Our grandson's favourite bird, he loves to go and see them in the park. They are pretty cute I have to say.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Ducks! Aren't they gorgeous (when they're brown)? ^-^ You have such amazing wildlife near your home, Pat...

I know ducks aren't terribly exotic creatures, as far as that goes, but pretty.

1:28 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: I do love their fuzzy babies.

Shanra: Oh I like ducks.. these seem to have wandered off though I was hoping they would stay

2:01 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

ps. mallard (mallard female)

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home