My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Taking Stock

Just thought I'd post a few pictures... this first one is a pink Hibiscus that's in front of my glass sliding doors..

  This is sleepy Boo..

....and Boo chewing on my flip flop...

...here's the top of my dresser (for now, things are bound to change) (the miss Piggy dish my brother painted..

..and my bookcase.. (housing my DeForest collection)

Dead Fred is happy out of his 10 year imprisonment in a box..

below is a vest my brother made... eventually it needs a home.

The front is rather plain..

...but the back is a different story... it houses a leather drawing he made and sewed onto the leather vest...  Eowyn, from Lord of the Rings.

... a closer shot..

I had no reason to post these...  I just had nothing to write about.

11 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

I like this entry. Of course you had something to write about!

Excellent shot of the sleepy cat.

8:17 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Donna... when i don't write i take pictures.. been doing that a lot lately.. i want your veggie garden!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Beautiful flowers and that cat is looking very contented. Wow, look at your huge DeForest collection, I bet that stretches over many years! And your brother's artwork is wonderful. What a stunning waistcoat! Nice pics, Pat.

8:48 AM  
Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

I think I met Dead Fred when I lived in AZ...lol Gorgeous flower...and kitty :D Love the busty Miss Piggy ;D

8:56 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Cath: Boo only looks contented when asleep lol he's not use to hearing noised outside the door (re: mailman putting mail in boxes) and he jumps up and runs and hides at the least noise..and trust me, there's not much noise but he finds it!

Animewookie: lol so you met Fred eh? was he dead then too? hahaha..

8:59 AM  
Blogger Kim L said...

Lovely pics! I liked the vest... so imaginative!

10:26 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kim: my brother loved the hobbit and lord of the rings from when he first read it "eons" ago!

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Ssh, and you call this 'nothing to write about'... Have I mentioned to you yet how utterly gorgeous Boo is? (We have a white cat too, by the by. Pretty creatures.)

Your bookshelves are all pretty and organised...

1:24 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

shanra: well boo adopt me by being so friendly, he was an outside stray. I don't usually like male cats (they aren't as friendly as females) but boo is an exception!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I love that bookshelf! Hurray, you've unpacked, you can read again! And I love Dead Fred, the hibiscus flowers - lovely photos, Pat! - and the kitty. Settling in, I'd call it, and it's good to see you doing that. Enjoy!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

Those are some great pictures! Glad you are getting settled in. :)

Interesting what you say about cats... I personally have found my male cats to be friendly, while the female cats are usually not...

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home