My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, October 05, 2009

An Egret in a Tree?

Ahhhh, yup... it's an Egret in a tree alright.  I can't say I've ever seen an Egret in a tree before....

Even looking a second time.. it's still an Egret in a tree!  Amazing!

The Pond has been deadly quiet.  Some days if I didn't see the Moorhens and the turtle I wouldn't have seen any animals at all ! I hope the "winter" isn't birdless, geez.

11 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

BERAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL....I LOve Egrets.....I haven't seen one in a Tree, but I have seen one on the Roof of a small Building! Look at how clean clean white he is....!

10:07 AM  
Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Stunning!!!! Though it's hard to choose, those very well may be my favorite shots yet!

11:02 AM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

You'd be surprised if you came down here! We have tons of egrets in trees :p There's this giant tree in Audubon park that is always filled with egrets and it's dripping with moss...it's just gorgeous! I need to get a pic for you one of these days!

11:43 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

naomi: they remind me of what snow is suppoed to look like lol

anime: odd to me to see such a long legged bird in a tree

Debi: I can't seem to stop taking pictures! (or buying books! argh) lol

Chris: emailed you.. take some dang photos for your blog now and then!!!!

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back from the Epcot Food and Wine Festival and got to see the lovely Egret. I usually have crows hanging around, though there a lot of cardinals, wrens, red tailed hawks, blue jays and little brown birds. Got back to G,ville and it is now pouring rain. Guess I was lucky that it didn't rain on me at the festival although it was in the 90's and Epcot is all concrete so it was on the warm side. Still managed to eat too much. So it is back to the workouts tomorrow. Vala3

3:26 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hey Sher.. good to hear you had a good time! As I remember you did wine festivals way back when I first knew you!?! Been lucky here.. it decided not to rain for a few days!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I'm not sure but I think Egrets are part of the Heron family and I know Herons nest in trees. Doesn't he look magnificent there?

But am very worried about this Gator...

7:08 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

What a beautiful Egret. I forgot to tell you that I saw some Egrets in Maui. I tried to get a picture of one but I don't have the ability to zoom in far enough with my camera. I love your pictures!

11:43 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

We used to see a rookery of them when we fished a lot. They are beautiful. Helen

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So beautiful, thank you for posting such a beautiful photo.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home