My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

A Heron Kind of Day

The large Heron has been a bit elusive lately.. comes in the dark of the morning and leaves as soon as it's getting light out. But I caught him this morning (finally!).

"the tall and the short of it all".. heh.. the long neck is amazing.

He calmly walked into the water and proceeded to take a bath.

I caught a good reflection during a calm moment.. Two for the price of one!

A day would not be complete without ol' Deadeye..  the reflection colors on the waters were so nice I had to show him off.

DeadEye and the Moorhens (I named them George and Gracie) were keeping a sharp eye on the pond this morning.. because.. you know who..

...was close by watching them!

"Him" I have not named because he's the villain of the pond!  Any suggestions?  Maybe Snidely Whiplash??

10 Comments:

Blogger Gavin said...

Lovely photos, Pat. Did the croc in Peter Pan have a name? The one that swallowed the clock?

10:11 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Wonderful photos as usual. The guy at the end is scary and looks like he is plotting something bad...he needs a villain name for sure...hmmm...thinking about it but nothing is jumping out at me at the moment. I think we have to give him a name from literature though!

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the pictures are great, but the gator...fantastic. You realize up here in gator country, that picture would be an instant hit! I am going to try to do a color picture of it. Love the contrast of the placid pond and the lurking gator. Still the baby one, right? Vala3

6:10 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I see they are keeping an eye on it. I don't blame them a bit. No name comes to mind. Helen

6:18 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

What about Crunch? There was this book I had as a kid about a crocodile that lived in a similar setting but the only thing I can remember about the book is his little catchphrase: "Crunch and munch, crunch and much. My name is Crunch and I want my lunch." Odd how silly things like that stick with you huh?

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Chompers???

LR

9:31 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

gavin: his name was Tick.Tock lol

kathleen: he's still small but his instincts are all there!

Vala: yep, still the baby gator..some of the people feed it bread.. not a good idea but I can't stop them.

me either Helen..I just wonder what he's eating in the pond already let alone when he gets bigger.

LOL Crunch is cute!.. Crunch 'n' Munch ewwwww lol

hi LR: Chompers is another one!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Al E. Gator

11:28 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

DeadEye is BEWAUTIFUL! What a gorgeous rich color he is...Sweet picture of him and those adorable Moorhens.....

12:28 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Pam: *groan* (I groan but it is cute lol)

Naomi: I think deadeye is a charmer too.. he's my fav. bird I love that he will hunt close to me..but I can't get any closer than he himself will come .. oh well i love watching him

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home