My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, February 05, 2012

So… this is Superbowl Sunday eh?

I took my walk in the dark as usual today… but it was darker than normal.  I could see no moon ..no stars… and I didn’t see any “sunrise” starting by the time I went inside again.

Here it is now 8 am…. I heard rain outside a bit ago.  Very dreary.  The rain has stopped and it’s all quiet on the western front!   Here’s a look outside.  I spotted but ONE bird at the entire pond! (up in a tree off to the left).  This is unheard of!

supersunday[1]

It is so pathetic outside for Superbowl Sunday…  I zoomed in to find the bird to be a female Anhinga who stared at the pond wondering if she should dive in to search for food or not.  No enthusiasm there.

supersun[1]

But… it’s Superbowl Sunday.  It’s supposed to be a nice day!

… finally as I reentered my apartment I noticed my Desert Rose, although leafless, was blooming!  Ah hah!  The day is not lost!

super[1]

Or is it?… I looked down to see that BooBoo Kitty could care less!  Talk about the lack of enthusiasm… it seems that he is planning on sleeping thru the day no matter what!  Ah well.. what do cats know?!

supr[1]

In all honesty, I am not a big football fan so the miserable day matters not to me.  But I know most of you ARE fans and are planning some sort of fun while watching the game later today.  I hope you all have a wonderful Superbowl Sunday and that your favorite team wins!!!

(as for me: I can’t wait until 9 pm when Downton Abby comes on! lol)

7 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I'm with you, Pat....And Boo Boo Kitty, too...He looks so very happy all curled up in his box...! It looks fairly dreary here, too...But, of course, it is still early early....!
Looking forward to "Downtin Abbey".....!!

9:14 AM  
Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

Cats always look sooo comfortable...doesn't matter what they're sleeping on...I envy them...lol
We will be watching the Superbowl and eating lots of sushi today :D

10:05 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Always enjoy seeing your photos, Pat. Boo looks so comfy there. Hope you enjoyed Downton!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I am not really interested in the football either... I hope you enjoyed your Sunday!

6:43 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I didn't watch the game at all :p I played in the garden and played on the computer and mostly was just a bum! I'm waiting for season 2 of Downton to come on Netflix before I watch it…then I'll prob watch it all in one night:p

11:42 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I didn't care that much about the game this year since I'm not a fan of either team but I did enjoy watching the commercials!

11:42 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi naomi.. well I watched a bit over the first hour of the game to see the commercials (about every 10 minutes there's a commercial!!!) then Downton Abby came on!! It's such a good series!

kelly: mmmmm i'll pass on the sushi thanks lol..hope you enjoyed the game though!

Cath: each week they play a rerun of last week and then the new episode and I watch them both each week lol..

kelly: you too! not easy finding something to watch when everything goes around the football game and the other channels feel they won't be watched so they put on junk!

Chris: well I know it's out for sale already but that might be just in Europe .this is the sort of series that i think makes a much better "movie"/series than it would to be a book.

kathleen: I never watch football but watched the first hour or so.. i was totally amazed at how often commercials came on!

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home