My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pern Book Covers

Because Carl did a read-a-long for Anne McCaffrey’s Dragonflight, I thought I would drag out my Pern books and share the art work involved with Pern.

Just below (animated) are 13 hardback books from Pern and their artists are listed.

AMhardbacksAnimation1[3]

I Put the hardback book that’s below, separate because The Girl Who Heard Dragons cover is not only painted by Michael Whelan but the inside of the book has many pencil drawings by him  and I thought I would show a sample inside the book.  Michael Whelan is the artist that has done the most artwork for the Pern series. (that makes 14 hardbacks so far)

 AMwhelanAnimation2[1]

The next Hardback (#15) is a book that holds all 3 books of Harper Hall.  Dragonsong, Dragonsinger and Dragondrums.

am8[1]

Below are the soft back copies I have of Harper Hall.

AMharperhallAnimation3[1]

I also have 2 copies in Hardback of The White Dragon. (#16) The only of the original trilogy that I have in hardback.  One is signed inside by Michael Whelan (thanks to Carl!)

am14[1]

Below is the only copy I have of the original Trilogy and it is a soft back cover.

am16[1]

Number 17 hardback is a Doubleday book that contains all three books of the original trilogy.

am9[1]

…and last but far, far, far from least… a small pocket paperback signed by Anne McCaffrey!  And that’s the end of my Pern collection.  One day I hope to own Dragonflight and Dragonquest in hardback.. and the individual Harper Hall books in Hardback..then I could say: I have them all!

amam[1]

3 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Lovely looking at all these Pern book covers, you have a fabulous collection, Pat. I must get to that Dolphin one...

6:07 PM  
Blogger GeraniumCat said...

I really like the drawings in The Girl Who Heard Dragons. Lovely collection!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

So glad you posted these! What a wonderful collection. The art just looks so much better on bigger books, hard covers or trade paperbacks. Especially Whelan's where you can see more detail of the characters. An enviable collection, more so because this world is a favorite of yours.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home