My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

The House on Foster Hill

The House on Foster Hill by Jaime Jo Wright.

Paperback: 368 pages
Publisher: Bethany House Publishers (November 21, 2017)
ISBN-10: 076423028X


 

Amazon Review:

Kaine Prescott is no stranger to death. When her husband died two years ago, her pleas for further investigation into his suspicious death fell on deaf ears. In desperate need of a fresh start, Kaine purchases an old house sight unseen in her grandfather's Wisconsin hometown. But one look at the eerie, abandoned house immediately leaves her questioning her rash decision. And when the house's dark history comes back with a vengeance, Kaine is forced to face the terrifying realization she has nowhere left to hide
.
A century earlier, the house on Foster Hill holds nothing but painful memories for Ivy Thorpe. When an unidentified woman is found dead on the property, Ivy is compelled to discover her identity. Ivy's search leads her into dangerous waters and, even as she works together with a man from her past, can she unravel the mystery before any other lives--including her own--are lost?

 
I really enjoyed this book.  I always like a mystery when the backgrounds of the family are discovered! 

There were 2 mysteries going on in this book:  Kaine Prescott, who moved when being stalked after her husbands death.  And Ivy, Kaine's Great, Great Grandmother.  The book has one or two chapters on Kaine and then one or two on Ivy.  Very easy to follow (that means it's really simple since I get lost easily) The chapters are not long, and the story grows with each chapter!  Hard to put this one down once you get into it!

I would definitely recommend this book if you like mysteries and enjoy learning the hidden secrets of the family lives!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Will keep an eye out for this... the Wisconsin setting attracts me. You know me and books set in unusual parts of America. lol

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home