My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Plague Pits and River Bones

Plague Pits & River Bones by Karen Charlton.

Paperback: 348 pages
Publisher: Thomas & Mercer (January 11, 2018)
ISBN-10: 1542048397



Amazon Review:

London, 1812: Treacherous gangs roam the capital, and not even the Palace of Westminster is safe. When Detective Stephen Lavender is called in to investigate a highway robbery and a cold-blooded murder, both the cases take a dangerous and disturbing personal twist.
 
And when Lavender’s trusted deputy, Constable Ned Woods, finds a mysterious severed foot washed up on Greenwich Beach, they soon realise that these ancient bones are more sinister than they first appeared.
 
With Bow Street Police Office undermanned and in disarray, it will take all of Lavender and Woods’s wit and skill—and some help from Lavender’s spirited wife, Magdalena—to unmask the fiend behind the mayhem, restore peace and justice to the beleaguered city and solve the tragic mystery of the severed foot.
 
But will they do so in time to foil a plot that threatens to plunge the country into chaos?

This is not my first Detective Lavender book, but it is the first in a very long time.  I am surprised I went so long without reading another book by Karen Charlton.  She is very good at describing any area of "old London" .

It was a quick read and she had more than one thing going on without confusion.  I enjoyed this one and will keep and eye out for another Detective Lavender story.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Hmmm, never heard of this series before. I don't know how you find so many Victorian based crime stories. LOL

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home