My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, August 23, 2019

The Woman in the Woods

The Woman in the Woods by John Connolly.

Hardcover: 496 pages
Publisher: Atria/Emily Bestler Books (June 12, 2018)
ISBN-10: 1501171925




Amazon Review:

In the beautiful Maine woods, a partly preserved body is discovered. Investigators realize that the dead young woman gave birth shortly before her death. But there is no sign of a baby.

Private detective Charlie Parker is hired by a lawyer to shadow the police investigation and find the infant but Parker is not the only searcher. Someone else is following the trail left by the woman, someone with an interest in much more than a missing child…someone prepared to leave bodies in his wake.

And in a house by the woods, a toy telephone begins to ring and a young boy is about to receive a call from a dead woman.

I have to say.. when I saw this title (and I have read some John Connolly) it sounded good.. a body in the woods.. right up my alley... wrong!

The character looking for parts of an "atlas" and his partner who kills everyone involved did not hold my interest.  I did read the whole book but kept hoping there would be more "Charlie Parker" and less of all the other characters involved.   This is a first John Connolly book that make a "good read" for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home