My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, December 05, 2005

More Snow


This is what i woke up to yesterday.. a little over an inch of snow. It was pretty for about an hour.. then the cars and dirt took over.

Before the day ended the roads had cleared and I was able to go see my brother at the therapy place. But starting tonight there is supposed to be 4-6 more inches of snow fall! Ack!..

We have to go over 2 curvey mountains to get to the therapy place.. they are scarey to drive on when it's icey or snow. I wonder if we will be able to go see him once the snow falls. I know they especially salt and plow the steep windy roads but i'm not so sure about the roads to get to the hills in the first place.

I dred the snow. No one in this house is really capable of shoveling snow. No one in this house is under 60..heh.. I have a lower back problem (buldging disks plus a pinched nerve). David has some scolosis and asthema and is due for some surgery this thursday.. and my brother.. well.. he's definately not able to shovel! Winter isn't a good time around this house. There are no kids that come around and ask to shovel for a few dollars like they did in the "old days".

Maybe we'll get lucky and the forecast will be wrong.. well, at least wrong about how many inches! Funny about the weather forcasts... they are pretty good about letting us know whats comming.. sometimes they are wrong though.. at least they are wrong enough times that you can always "hope" they are wrong "this time" lol.. ahhh well.. I guess what comes... comes.


4 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

There is a lot of young people living in my neighborhood, but they want $10-$20 to do driveways. Luckily we can do our own driveway, and boy is it a difficult driveway! You gave me an idea. Now I just have to wait for the blizzard to end all blizzards.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I've never seen snow last more than a day here. I have a snow shovel but have never had to use it.

I'm still a newbie to snow, so I am fascinated by it. I go outside to watch it fall. I'm such a doofus:)

Chris
My Blog
AOL Journal
Click here for recipes & food stuff

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack! I despise snow. Pretty stuff, but a real pain to deal with. That... and I just hate the cold. Suppose I'm a southerner at heart, after all.

9:12 AM  
Blogger betty said...

coming from Southern California to Montana (by way of Santa Fe) certainly gave me an education of driving in the snow and shoveling snow. It finally took me until last year after being here for 6 years to feel totally comfortable driving in it. My son, 16 years old, started driving in snow; I think that's the way to go. We should make it mandatory that all kids come to a snow place to practice driving in it. I used to be so petrified in it.

betty

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home