My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Pets are family too

Speaking of how fond one gets of their animals.. (were we speaking of that?).

Once upon a time, many years ago.. when i lived in florida, was married and had both of my kids around me.. we had a cat. Her name was Fido.. no wait.. this one was Garfield (yah i know, not very original.. i kinda liked the name Fido, which if i think about it was the cat "before" Garfield came along.)

Anyway.. she was a "family cat".. that is she was until my husband went to work and the kids were off to school... then she became "MOMS CAT".. sigh. She was great company and I can't say I didn't enjoy her... but .. there's "close to your animals".. and then there's CLOSE to your animals... or, more to say.. They are close to us. (yeah that's the ticket!)


At times the cat seemed to forget that everyone was home and that she was supposed to divide her time with the rest of the family and she stuck close by to me... ummmm, and sometimes it got a bit ridiculous!.........

There were definately times I wished she had become closer to the others in the family! I don't suppose anyone has had to try to read a book with a cat on your head.. first clue: It's not easy!


I came across this picture while fixing an album the other day.. thought I would share it. One thing I noticed.. my taste in books hasn't changed lol.. I was reading The Sword of Shannara, and I still have the books!

I came across a few other Ancient pictures that i will share sooner or later here... I hope you enjoyed this one.

If all is not lost, where is it?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha! That picture of that cat is classic. I'm amazed the cat stayed still long enough for someone to snap the picture.

5:56 PM  
Blogger betty said...

cute picture of the cat and you :)

betty

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home