My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, December 16, 2005

TGIF

TGIF.. Friday.. finally.

My morning was the way I guess it will be from now on.
With much back pain I get up and go downstairs, peek in to be sure my brother is alright.. and he instantly informs me, "I'll have an egg sandwich with cheese and Farina". I rush to the bathroom for my 2 minutes alone and back to the kitchen where i have to feed their 9 cats, and goldfish.. then its cook for my brother. After I serve him and clean up the pots and pans I get to go back up here to have my coffee.

At least we lucked in today and the snow that happened other places did not happen here. Instead we got rain. I was very happy about that! Until i went to bring my laundry down the cellar to wash.. seems it rained more then i knew and the entire floor is wet... sooooo i lugged my laundry back upstairs to wait until it dries down there.

The sun came out and most of the 8 inches of snow we had a week ago is gone, gone, gone! This is a good thing since it means the roads are no longer slippery and dangerous.

Oh, on a note about my last entry of The Jungle Book Record. I did more searching on it and found two antique places that have the cover and 78rpm records "in tact"!! One place is selling them for 155.00 and the other place 100.00. Somehow I'd consider finding a way to get them but........ 78rpm.. that takes not only an old phonograph (record player) but the precise needle to play it too.. neither of which I have.

I kept searching to see if anyone was smart enough to convert them to cd or dvd for preservation, but so far no luck.

I can't explain to you how wonderfully different that record is.. I only know of two ever done this way where the record is narrated and the "voices" are actually instruments such as an Obo or Trombone. This one, Jungle Book and Peter and the Wolf was once done similiarly. It's absolutely beautiful.

Now, I'm not "into" symphony music, but i'll tell you what.. if it was on cd or dvd you can bet I'd still listen to it today. How sad that a child today cannot hear it because no one thought to preserve it to cd. If i were in the position I'd buy it and have it converted and make copies for anyone that would want it. It's something that should at the very least be in libraries for years to come.

Well, I didn't mean to get off on that again but it is fresh in my mind from searching the web.

Oh well.. the sun is out, the streets are dry and it's only 8 days until Christmas!!Have a good day.. and a "not too hectic" last weekend before the holiday~

1 Comments:

Blogger betty said...

Pat, is this your first year in New Jersey? I can't remember if it is or not. I hope the weather stays mild for you. Its hard to uproot us California girls and move us to cold places (I grew up in San Diego and now live in Montana).

betty

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home