My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Prom Date 1962

Oh boy... I am trying to redo photo albums.. quite a chore!!
But from this "chore" comes old pictures!! You are in for such a treat! Heh..!


I know it's not a great thing to see pictures of someone you don't even know but I am going to put a few up over the coming days anyway!

This first one made me laugh which is why i picked it to put here.. when you see it, take note of the "hairdo"!! (lord help me!) It is my senior prom photo.. and a tornado couldn't have moved that hair! lol. You young'ins won't understand "teasing and hairspray", but I know there are some out there that can relate!

Not only didn't I want my hair to get messed during the prom but my mother drove a convertible back then! Oh right ma! Just what i wanted to do is to ride in the car with the top down after going to a beauty parlor to try to look nice for my prom! But has you can see, thanks to teasing and a hairspray that HAD TO BE all lacquer, it didn't budge!

The handsome guy with me was an "older man" Ooooooooo I was not your typical graduating student I guess. His name is Jimmy Siciliano (not sure of the spelling) and he was 27 or 28 yrs old! And me a mear child of 18! woohoo! hahaha. Jimmy was my dance partner when I went to hear a band down the "shore" (thats NJ talk for beach ). When i look at the photo I wonder what ever happened to him. I feel sure he married and has a family, but I still wonder, ya know?

Anyway... here it is.. the moment you've all been waiting for!.. THE PROM!


(gads that hair had to add 6 inches to my height! lol lol)

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

That is a great picture! Look at that coy little look you have and the one leg sticking out just so! Have you checked out Classmates.com for Jimmy? You just might find him there if you know when he graduated and from what school.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, I'm assuming that your prom was in May or June. I was born in July of that year! lol.

9:55 PM  
Blogger betty said...

You made a smashing couple! I bet you had a good time.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home