My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

This 'n' That...

On Monday, on television (on The View) Barbara Walters had Angela Lansbury on. It wasn't long ago that I had written to her and received an autographed photo of her, so I was really happy to see her!


What I was most pleased to hear, beside the fact that she is doing a stage show at the moment, when asked if she would ever do another Murder She Wrote, she said that she told her son (who is a director) to find a good story that they could make a 2 hours special of Murder she Wrote!!


Golly! I think that's a great idea! There are so many writers in blogville here maybe someone should write a good story for Angela Lansbury and send it to her!! (keeping with the old format of the show of course) One person in particular, who I know wants to become a screen writer (yes, you Kiyotoe) might give it a try? If anyone needs more "practice" at something like this, this could be a challenge. And if for any reason it doesn't get sent to her, then post it somewhere that we can all read it!! I wouldn't mind ready a few "new episodes" of Murder She Wrote lol.


I started some packing yesterday for my trip .. lord those 4 books I have to bring are heavy! Each one is thin and not to bad on it's own but put the 4 of them together and it really adds to the weight!


I will only take a carry on.. I like that I know it can't get lost by the airline. But I'll tell you what... lifting that thing over my head into the overhead compartment is horrid, especially with my bad back...and now the 4 books!! I'd put them in what "can fit under the seat" but I have a cloth bag and it's carrying my heavy camera (the one with the 300 zoom lens) and my purse. They make no exception for ladies to carry on a purse! That means if one was to bring a laptop with them, you can't be a female and have a purse too! One overhead item and One under seat item...that's it.


I really need to get a "good" digital camera with a zoom equal to my heavy camera that takes film. I've looked at them on line and they've gotten to the point that I just don't have the brains to learnall the buttons and menu's. With this old SLR Cannon the only setting I have to do is film speed.. then it's point, focus and shoot. Somehow, I don't think I'll ever find a digital like that with a zoom and macro. I keep going on line, looking them up and reading all i can about them in hopes one day something "will click" and I'll understand it all rather then feeling like it's written in Greek...but so far..nadda.


Anyway, I have the "film" camera and the small digital which isn't the greatest but at least I get a lot of use out of it for my journal. (Kitty pics/ plants in spring/ snow in winter etc) Which is still another thing on my "list".. to remember to charge the batteries for the digital on Sunday, the day before I leave... it's always something!


I'm tired before I even get there!.. OH! and it isn't bad enough on this old body to have the time change for a week out there, I just found out that the last Sunday I am there.. we push the clocks forward an hour!! More sleep lost! It could well be a week before my head clears up from all the time changes that I have to go through ! But I promise not to complain about it... to much. heh.


Before I leave this post I just want you to know that it's still Winter here in New Jersey... wanna know how I know this? Because what you see below is still going on! It's called "winter cuddles"...




"Till next time..."


5 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I just love your pictures of those two love-bird Cats! So sweet, Pat...!
You must be getting excited, now....your trip is very soon now!
I hope you have great weather while you are here!

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just realized its 5 days until the trip - YEAH!

You know - there will be some nice people on the plane who will be more than happy to help lift your bag up into the overhead compartment. So - don't worry - pack away.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I'm getting almost as excited as you are about this trip, DesLily! :)

3:21 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Naomi, Karmyn, & Lee: I'm not really "excited", I just need a break badly so I am looking forward to it,no matter how short it is! I just wish my girlfriend had a computer there!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

sounds like a plan to me. HOWEVER, I've never seen an episode of Murder She Wrote.

But I'm still willing to give it a try......but you might have to help me out.

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home