My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, August 06, 2007

16 Entries.... and a Winner!

First I want to thank everyone that took part in the "Favorite Character Contest"!!!

I really love reading what characters mean so much to individuals.. it vindicated me! I thought I was a bit unglued that I hung on to these characters and just couldn't let them disappear into oblivion. So this means I'm not crazy!.. or.. I am crazy..but in good company!

Those who joined in to let us know their favorite characters are:

Rhinoa... Vampire Chronicles: Lestat

Stephanie...A Wrinkle in Time: Meg Murry

Chris...The Time Traveler's Wife: Henry & Clare

Becky...Enders Game: Ender Wiggin

Carl V... The Snarkout Boys & the Avocado of Death: Walter Galt

CJ...The Road: man and son

Kailana... Anne of Green Gables (among others)

Nymeth...Terry Pratchett's : Death

Jean Pierre... Dune: Duke Atreides

Paul...The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz: Duddy Kravitz

Seniorwriter...Fahrenheit 451: Mildred Montag

Karmyn...Dragonsbane: Jenny Waynest

Jude... People of the Lakes: Green Spider

Mavarin...Dr Who, Fayubi, and more.

Astaryth... Justin Alastair: Santanas

This morning I wrote everyone's name on little pieces of paper

and then folded them and put them into a bowl to let my brother draw the winning name...

He wanted a good mix.. so he stirred and stirred.... before he pulled out a name.

... and then.... and then............ he read me the name!

... and then..... and then.... (..and then along came Jones..no, no sorry old song!) He showed me the name for the camera!... Hold on to your seats..........

..The winner is.................

Can't read it?......... ok here's a closer look...

CONGRATULATIONS CHRIS!!!.... (you need to contact me with your address so I can mail off the prize package.)

Thank you everyone for joining in! I sure did enjoy reading all of the entries and to find the diverse characters that seem to wiggle their way into our hearts and minds and choose to linger there for our enjoyment.

11 Comments:

Blogger chrisa511 said...

No way!! I had to keep checking.."it can't be me, am I the only Chris in the contest" lol. That's so cool! Thanks so much Pat! Off to email you now. This was such a great contest...and what a cool prize package! I can't believe I won it!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Awesome! Way to go Chris!!!

I LOVE the photographic journaling of the process of picking the name. Wonderful and fun. And your brother's artwork in the background looks amazing. Make sure you pass on to him how impressive it is. Very cool!

Wonderful contest idea Deslily and I love the variety of characters that people picked.

1:52 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: Congrats again Chris! This must be your year for winning!..now run out and buy a lottery ticket!

Hey Carl: well, you got lucky, what can I say?! Now you still don't have to read HP LOL ! My brother thanks you for the "art comment" :o)

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yahoo chris!

i also loved the whole "drumroll" moment! haha! very cool :)

thanks again for hosting this, deslily, it was great fun.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

Congratulations Chris!

I also love how you took pictures of the whole process. Thank you for this contest! I had a lot of fun writing my entry and reading everyone else's, and I felt like it helped me get to know my fellow bloggers a little better.

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Chris!!

But I think all of us who participated were winners. This was really the coolest contest I've seen in a long, long time!!

Thanks, Deslily!!

4:49 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

jean pierre: hehe, nice drum roll huh? thanks for joining in.. i love reading that characters really come to life for some of us.

nymeth: isn't it ashame what people miss by not reading and getting to know such fantastic characters?!

stephanie: I'm glad you joined in! And yes how can everyone not be a winner when they get to talk about someone "dear to them".. even if they aren't "real".. they are when we make them that way!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Congratulations to Chris. :)

7:42 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Congrats, Chris!

And I'll add my well done to the drum roll, Pat. It created a moment of suspense very nicely.

cjh

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Chris! And thanks so much to Pat for a fun contest!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wait! Is that a hanging chad I see? We demand a recount!!!

What is this, New Jersey or is it Florida?!? he he he

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home