My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Gads, it's August!




Gawd, I want to be Myrtle right now!... Todays's temps will be in the 90's..bad humidity and "said to feel like over 100"... *groan* I want to be Myrtle!


I want to thank everyone again for the fun Contest Entries! It makes me happy to know we have so many fine authors that can make these characters come to life for us, so much so that they linger there in a warm place in our hearts...


Ok enough of that...


SQT at Fantasy and Sci Fi Lovin' Blog tagged me some time ago for a meme and I promised her I would do it.. I was busy getting ready for my week in Florida and then this week trying to get back to "normal".. but I'm going to do it now!

8 Random Facts About Me...



First, the rules.

1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


So Here It is...


1. I suffer with quite a bit of depression, panic, and anxiety. (aren't you glad you asked?!)


2. I really miss not having a life of my own.


3. I totally enjoy being around creative people.


4. I wish I were 10 years younger! (do I hear a lot of agreement here? lol)


5. I am a caregiver to my brother... a very tired caregiver.


6. No matter how llittle sleep I get I always wake up early (before 7) and can't nap no matter how much I may try. (unless I'm sick)


7. I love blueberries! (and most all berries, but especially blueberries)


8. I hate driving. (I don't anymore but when I had to I hated it)


so.. that's it.. depressing I know, but can't do much about it without specific questions I try not to think about myself lol..


Sorry I took so long SQT!... I think I will pass on the tagging and just say if anyone who reads this does this meme please leave me a link so I can come and read your 8 Random Facts!


....'till next time....

9 Comments:

Blogger chrisa511 said...

Isn't this heat miserable! I'm supposed to go do more yard work today with the heat index around 105-110. Luckily, I'm working in the shade today and I'm bringing 2 gallons of water with me!!

Thanks for sharing your "8 facts" with us :) It's amazing how well blogger friends get to know each other eh? You should've included on there that you're an incredible writer!!

2:47 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

Don't feel bad about taking awhile Deslily, I have a meme I was tagged with at least a week ago and I haven't gotten around to it.

Isn't depression awful? I had the post-partum thing going on after I had my daughter and it suuuuuuuuuuucked. Strangely enough I think mine stemmed from adrenal exhaustion. I take supplements for that and I feel much better.

Anyway, thanks for the list. It's always fun to find out more about our blog friends.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

You have a lot on your plate and there is little wonder that you get depressed and feel anxiety at times. Just always try to remain true to yourself, Deslily...and find time for yourself. I know you love your reading...that is one good outlet you have...plus you have a lot of good friends who think a lot of you...through your blog. :)

2:03 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

We seem to have a lot in common, especially the ten years younger part.

Also, blueberries are the greatest but it's been so dry here abouts that I think the wild ones are going to be few and far between.

And I was primary care-giver for my mother. It's a lot more draining than anyone might think. Remember you need to take care of yourself first because if you don't, you might not be able to care for your brother. It took me a long time to realize that. If you haven't checked into respite programs, I strongly urge you to do so.

Hope things improve!

cjh

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I was 10 years younger but knew what I know now...

Oh, and I HATE driving, too!!!

(((((HUGS))))) for the caregivers!!! You are not told enough what angels you are!!!

Love, Nurse Stephanie

4:50 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

chris: you're the only person that can comment on my writing lol..shhhh

SQT: I'm just glad I finally did it lol..

Lee: thanks.. I have pity parties for myself lol..

cj: yeah love those blueberries! I know some who call theirself a caregiver..and she ain't! lol...it's very depressing after a number of years nonstop..nuff said

stephanie: you hate driving too? lol.. I'm what I call a "white knuckled driver" lol.. by the time I got to where i was going my knuckles were white from tension lol

5:44 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Life can be very haqrd...no question aqbout it...I think if we can take the Lemons and make Lemonaid...it is at least a positive when things look very bleak. I can certainly relate to a number of thpse eight things....I'd like to be ten years younger, too! (lol)....
And for whatever it is worth...I never was able to take naps..EVER....till just a few years ago. I don't go lay down and say..Okay, I'll take my nap now...it just comes over me and I will suddenly realize I have slept through quite a bit of some show or movie...!I think it is cause I am now older and seem to need that bit of sleep..!

Sorry I just couldn't get to the contest. Too many things going on, but I'm glad it was such a success!

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anxiety, panic, hatred of driving...I think we might be related.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

you always get my wheels turning on how to do something to make things a little easier for you. I hate that things are that rough for you.

I'm thinking some hott, sexxy t.v. star from back in the day, jumping out of a cake for you, wearing nothing but a cape.

That might put a smile on your face. Ya' think? lol.

I'm so bad.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home